Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

Just now, Davkaus said:

That's not one to bitch at the ref for, there's no complaints about that yellow.

I'm not it was a booking but my point is I think elphick will get sent off again against these lot with the cards the ref is dishing out

Bruce has setup for a point no question for me. Poor as boro are really average and beatable. I think this is a good chance for RHM his pace could cause their back four problems.

id consider taking off hourihane and go with a 4-42 

• Like 1

Has anybody else noticed how ridiculously slow we seem to switch play from side to side?

We will have a player on the opposite side in acres of space screaming for the ball and decide to play it in tight triangles on the same side until we inevitably lose it instead.

This has been an observation even BEFORE this regime tbf.

2 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Any chance Jedinak and Hourihane show for the ball in the 2nd half?

Horrendous "management" on display once again today. The "Villa Engine" is stalling, but nothing will change.

The Villa engine is a Wankle Rotary Engine

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was thinking I could vote for Elphick again as MotM since he hasn't caused a goal yet, and hasn't done much, if anything, wrong either. But that defending where he got the yellow brought back too many memories.

I guess I have to vote for Chester again. No-one else deserves anything. Jedinak is so shit I could cry. Adomah and Snodgrass, who I'm desperately hoping to create something, have been wothless. Adomah tries, but fails. Snodgrass hasn't taken a man on for a long time. The rest I could care less about. They're not worth a mention.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has anybody else noticed how ridiculously slow we seem to switch play from side to side?

We will have a player on the opposite side in acres of space screaming for the ball and decide to play it in tight triangles on the same side until we inevitably lose it instead.

This has been an observation even BEFORE this regime tbf.

I’ve said before our team is desperately one footed. In some cases, no footed.

When they’re on the ball under a little bit of pressure they always choose the option which is on the stronger foot which means playing it back inside to the defence or wide into the corner.

• Like 1

God knows what happens on the training pitch each week attacking wise. We have zero invention yet again. It usually consists of passing to Adomah who will run into a defender or hit a low cross into the first defender (with only Hogan in the box), an Elmo cross into a surrounded Hogan or a slow tepid player around their area where we eventually run out of ideas and pass back to Elphick or Chester.

Utterly dreadful, no January signing will solve this. We have the players to being doing so much better then this, it's so disappointing. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

50 minutes of awful football, both sides terrible, no great intensity, no skill or tactical acumen on display.

We could win this.

If we do it just papers over the cracks - it’s dire 

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I was thinking I could vote for Elphick again as MotM since he hasn't caused a goal yet, and hasn't done much, if anything, wrong either. But that defending where he got the yellow brought back too many memories.

I guess I have to vote for Chester again. No-one else deserves anything. Jedinak is so shit I could cry. Adomah and Snodgrass, who I'm desperately hoping to create something, have been wothless. Adomah tries, but fails. Snodgrass hasn't taken a man on for a long time. The rest I could care less about. They're not worth a mention.

Poor Hourihane! I've always had a massive soft spot for him; actually tries and has been a bit hard done by