Match Thread: Middlesbrough v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, claretman said:

Snodgrass has been Villa'd.  Looked quite good for everyone else he plays for, then comes to Villa and is shit.

I wouldn't say that to a West Ham fan. 

Watched about 10 minutes, terrible. We have absolutely no ideas going forward.

How Xia, Wyness or Round can watch us play and think "this is working" is beyond me. 

Static midfield, wingers have been found out, always resort to hoofing it. It's **** terrible.

• Like 1

Snodgrass seems like a good footballer but he's very predictable.  He'll get his way out of situations with his technique at times but generally if he's well marshalled his impact will be limited, and he completely lacks any pace to get in behind or keep defenders too much on the back foot.

Hutton's playing a typical Hutton game: lots of effort and his forward runs look like creating openings at times (we so rarely push forward quickly with any conviction that it catches them on the back foot) but his final balls are woefully lacking.

I just really hope Hogan can get a goal and pick up some confidence because it would help no end.  I'm also worried about Hourihane as I can very much see him getting a red today.

3 minutes ago, peterms said:

Have Adomah or Snodgrass done anything at all so far?  If so, I've not notices.

Pretty much the same as the last 5 matches. So he drops Jack Grealish.