Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Their red headed lad in the centre, Woods, looks very composed. Receives the ball, turns, plays it forward. Hustles, has a good engine.

Is all that allowed?

Oh yeah......he does it everytime we play them.

First Half,

Well we haven't had much of the ball which i expected. Elphick looks comfortable, makes me think why did he not replace Terry earlier.

Our shape looks dreadful even our attacking play looks like a team that has not been coached. 

I do not see any benefits by playing Jedi and Whelan,  it's one or the other for me. Hourihane may be fatigued but he is required in the middle of the park. 

Snodgrass.. I just do not know what he does.

Contrastingly Brentford look progressive in their play, imaginative with their set pieces. I look at them with envy.  This just shows what Dean Smith can produce with a squad assembled on a low budget. 

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yawn!!! He'd have a heart attack with the pressure here.

Thank you Dr Young, for your medical diagnosis disguised as scorn for a man whose outsmarted steve Bruce.  He handled the pressure of playing against is well enough.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

First Half,

Well we haven't had much of the ball which i expected. Elphick looks comfortable, makes me think why did he not replace Terry earlier.

Our shape looks dreadful even our attacking play looks like a team that has not been coached. 

I do not see any benefits by playing Jedi and Whelan,  it's one or the other for me. Hourihane may be fatigued but he is required in the middle of the park. 

Snodgrass.. I just do not know what he does.

Contrastingly Brentford look progressive in their play, imaginative with their set pieces. I look at them with envy.  This just shows what Dean Smith can produce with a squad assembled on a low budget. 

Great post and sums it up for me so far