Steve Agnew

Demitri_C

I don't know what this blokes credentials are, and I'm certainty not knocking the bloke or PFE, but isn't it a little early to be suggesting he has had a big influence on our last 2 results?

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don't know what this blokes credentials are, and I'm certainty not knocking the bloke or PFE, but isn't it a little early to be suggesting he has had a big influence on our last 2 results?

It is too early I agree.

That said things are looking positive with regards to Agnew being at least partially responsible.

The Birmingham Mail article on him joining had Steve Bruce stating "improvements are already being seen". Now if we factor in spanking Bristol so badly that instead of going 2nd they dropped down to 4th on goal difference, it's looking up at the very least.

Sure it could well be a one off and we'll be regular old Villa on Saturday in the cup, but he's been here about 2 weeks (he was officially announced a week ago) and we played our best football last night in 4+ years? 

Like you said it is still early, but I can see why some are joining the dots on Agnew being the hero we very much needed. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What I don't get is why did it take so long to get a top coach in anyway? 

From what I've read I think he was Bruce's first choice. They were together at hull. Before Bruce came here agnew had gone to borough. Then when he left it was about legally waiting for the correct amount of time due to his contract. He had months of gardening leave he had to see out. Bruce decided to wait for him.

2 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

From what I've read I think he was Bruce's first choice. They were together at hull. Before Bruce came here agnew had gone to borough. Then when he left it was about legally waiting for the correct amount of time due to his contract. He had months of gardening leave he had to see out. Bruce decided to wait for him.

Must be highly regarded. Hopefully he can make a big impact at the right time.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Promotion because of Agnew & the players despite Bruce maybe?

I like how you have this excuse already in the bag in case we get promoted. Taking credit away from the manager in advance now.

Mind you, seeing as you previously attributed a victory to a powerpoint presentation by Dr Xia, it's no surprise.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Promotion because of Agnew & the players despite Bruce maybe?

if it was anyone else i would have chuckled at the obvious joke...it's getting a bit sad now

• Like 3

The last two games we appeared to have a structure to our play, something we never had since Bruce came in and i mean never had. 

I doubt its a coincidence that it has started to happen since Agnew came in but we will definitely soon find out for sure as it will be totally obvious.

• Like 1

Odd though that he's joining when he is, and that he's sort of an extra assistant manager/coach. I think he may very well have the coaching skills and tactics that Bruce possibly believes he has not got himself or in his team currently. 

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Odd though that he's joining when he is, and that he's sort of an extra assistant manager/coach. I think he may very well have the coaching skills and tactics that Bruce possibly believes he has not got himself or in his team currently. 

I think they’ve worked together before though haven't they? I think he’s Bruce’s choice rather than being imposed on him... could be wrong though.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I reference the below post as to why took so long as I asked the same question.

On 02/01/2018 at 23:17, villan_007 said:

Â