The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

disagree, think he deserves it, played really well for city and for England, risen to being possibly the biggest role model in English football and a very important individual all whilst being constantly dragged through the mud from our gutter press and being racially abused

its been a very impressive year from him

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes hes been around too long to be classed as a young player. I except also he has had a great season but the football writers naming him as their player of the year is a nonsense.

Only Salah, Hazard (both 29) and Aguero (28) have been involved in more goals directly than Sterling (27) in the league this season.

To have that kind of campaign, particularly after being attacked by the media (again) prior to and during the World Cup, is pretty sensational.

I'm guessing so, not sure how many get to vote and how it's spread between the back page nonsense writers and the columnists inside, the latter don't tend to write bollocks about him shopping in Poundland and I'm guessing outnumber those that do 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/04/2019 at 17:01, sne said:

So at age 24, in his 7th season as a pro Raheem Sterling is awarded "Young player of the season" in the PL.

Really should change the rules for that one. Not that Sterling doesn't deserve an award, he's been great.

Yeah I’ve said for a while it should be rookie of the year or debut season award or something. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I’ve said for a while it should be rookie of the year or debut season award or something. 

Or at least lower the age to 21 or something rather than 23

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Or at least lower the age to 21 or something rather than 23

Yeah maybe. But to me it’s more about how long they’ve been around. 

Like if we’d got promoted last year and Grealish won the award this season it would feel fine. Because he didn’t breakout as early as sterling did. 

But they’re the same age

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Who are the super powers.  Real Madrid and Barcelona? Liverpool are the 7th richest club in the world and if Spurs get there they are 10th. Juve are 11th

Bayern, Barca, Real Madrid, United, Milan. successful teams over many years when football boomed

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

I know the game is different now but the fact Spurs are in contention for the Champions League when they haven't come close to winning the domestic league in nearly 60 years is a sad indictment of modern football today.

It’s been said on here before, by myself and others, but it was great when they had the UEFA cup, the cup winners cup and the champions league.

Three reasonably distinct tournaments, all of them significant trophies that were all sought after by the clubs who entered them. 

And you had a variety of clubs, interesting ones who you looked forward to seeing, Parma, Werder Bremen, Real Zaragoza etc.

Just a big congealed wankfest now with an after thought of a tournament promising a golden ticket for the winners to said wankfest.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 4

It becomes slightly more sickening each year, but the capacity of this year's CL final venue is 67k. Half of the stadium will be UEFA, sponsors, and other moneymen.

33k tickets go to fans of either team. With the pricing as follows:

Imagine paying £410 for a restricted view while some sycophant from Mastercard gets a ticket without knowing who's playing ...

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

On the all is not lost account of things the Italian FA has suspended super agent Mino Raiola from all parts of Italian football between May 9th and August 9th.

Not clear yet why he's been suspended but who cares. Supposedly it's about under age player transfers.

Sadly it will likely end with some FA people getting a large heap of money and it will all go away.

But until then his clients which include Pogba, De Ligt, Balotelli, Verratti, Donnarumma, Kean and a bunch other stars will not be able to sign for or from Italian clubs.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It’s been said on here before, by myself and others, but it was great when they had the UEFA cup, the cup winners cup and the champions league.

Champions league?! Wash your mouth out sunshine... it was the European Cup! :P The fact it was changed to Champions League when it chose to involve non champions is a rather strange decision. 

But yes, much preferred this structure. The European Cup was a privilege to play in as you had to be champions to get an invite so that was the hardest part. 

• Like 2

The women’s World Cup squad announcement was ridiculous. They’ve spent the last few years telling everyone that it’s as good as the men’s game and should be treated the same. Then they have to do a squad announcement over twitter from celebrities to push it. 

Bit funny that the "Champions League" final will be played between a club that hasn't won the league in 30 years and a club that hasn't won the league in 60 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit funny that the "Champions League" final will be played between a club that hasn't won the league in 30 years and a club that hasn't won the league in 60 years.

I hear that argument a lot, but I disagree - team that finishes 2nd in England is stronger than a team that finishes 1st in Portugal. 

It would be silly to not involve them. 

It's like the snooker "masters". They are not masters. But that's what it's called ;)

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I hear that argument a lot, but I disagree - team that finishes 2nd in England is stronger than a team that finishes 1st in Portugal. 

It would be silly to not involve them. 

It's like the snooker "masters". They are not masters. But that's what it's called ;)

All hail the European Super League where the 20 clubs with the most money compete for the title of masters of the universe. (World champions being taken already by the teams that win the US championships)

• Like 1

Â