The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

On 02/04/2019 at 09:12, sne said:

I imagine this is his 3 year contract paid out in full.

Not bad for 3 months work :D  

8.5 m Euro / year Would still put him top 15 in the world. Crazy

Well it certainly beat our 50g pouch of Drum baccy and large bag of salt and vinegar kettle chips

On 02/04/2019 at 09:12, sne said:

I imagine this is his 3 year contract paid out in full.

Not bad for 3 months work :D  

8.5 m Euro / year Would still put him top 15 in the world. Crazy

To offer an unproven manager a contract like that is insane and then to not have some performance related get out clause is even worse.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool spemt 43 million on agents fees this season, 17 million more than 2nd place Chelsea on the list

Interestingly Wolves spent only 6.5 million

It’s almost like their agent fees are being channeled a different way...:detect:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fans of football UEFA want to make Champions League group stages with groups of 8

With same amount of teams? Let's just get this 'Euro elite league' done and be gone with it. Change European Cup back to a knockout competition. 

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Southampton drawing 1-1 at home against Liverpool and time wasting from 65 minutes onwards.  El Premiero Leaguo :detect:

15 minutes in and every pass to Long was a 90 yard ball into the channel (from the nearest player to him)

I felt sorry for him tbfh.

This surely is or at least should be illegal?

14-year-old receives contract worth £ 10.4 million

Crazy contract for football talent

It is not just the clubs that chase the future football star.

Now, the clothing brand Nike pays just over SEK 104 million for the 14-year-old child Youssoufa Moukoco's signature, writes Bild .

Youssoufa Moukoko led the scoring league in German Borussia Dortmund's U17 team when he was twelve years old. Something that made clubs such as Paris Saint-Germain and FC Barcelona follow the striker's progress closely.

But it is not just the clubs that are fighting to be part of the young German's possible success in the future. Even the clothing brands want their share of the commercial cake that comes with the attention of today 14-year-old Moukoko.

According to German Bild , the football talent has now received correspondingly just over £ 10 million to sign a sponsorship contract with Nike. 

He has been noted for 76 goals in 49 matches in Dortmund's youth team this season.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/70prw9/14-aring-far-kontrakt-vart-104-miljoner-kr

Honestly though you were not allowed to buy children this young. He's not even allowed to go pro yet according to FIFA/UEFA (I think)

Let's hope NIKE are not going to ruin his career and turn him into another Freddy Adu.

Edited by sne

already sold 4 players from the EL final I think (kluivert, reidewald, tete and sanchez) and they've got better, will probably get around 150m for de ligt and de jong, will be interesting to see where that money goes, think they have a couple more coming through too

also interesting to see what happens with the dutch national team, starting to get a decent squad again on paper (albeit still with no proper goalscorer)

AJAX are going to get Monaco'ed this summer.

De Jong already signed for Barca.

Then again it is their business model and it's really impressive that they've (almost) managed to emulate their mid 90's squad building in this day age with Bosmans, agents, silly money and nouveau rich clubs with giant academies who hoover up anyone and everyone.

Then again that is pretty much what AJAX does on a smaller scale in Holland. 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

already sold 4 players from the EL final I think (kluivert, reidewald, tete and sanchez) and they've got better, will probably get around 150m for de ligt and de jong, will be interesting to see where that money goes, think they have a couple more coming through too

also interesting to see what happens with the dutch national team, starting to get a decent squad again on paper (albeit still with no proper goalscorer)

Klaasen and Younes also sold from the final

Neres linked with 40 million to Dortmund and could see somebody signing the goalkeeper and Tagliafico

On 10/04/2019 at 09:35, sne said:

This surely is or at least should be illegal?

https://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/fotboll/a/70prw9/14-aring-far-kontrakt-vart-104-miljoner-kr

Honestly though you were not allowed to buy children this young. He's not even allowed to go pro yet according to FIFA/UEFA (I think)

Let's hope NIKE are not going to ruin his career and turn him into another Freddy Adu.

Yep Adu sprang  to my mind straight away

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

PSG owners linked with 3 Championship clubs including ourselves. Be horrible be a feeder team for them 

Might end up being the other way around though long term for whoever gets it, I doubt it will be us because of our current owners. On the face of it, there's a lot more potential value in an English club where you play lots of interesting high quality fixtures at domestic level than in France where they're currently 26-3-1 with a +71 GD over 30 games.

Â