The Game's Gone

NurembergVillan

28 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Credit to Sessegnon for replying, he really doesn’t have to. 

Edit - I may have been a bit unfair on the quality of the sign as the boy’s made it.

It's the side off a cardboard box and he's written big letters with a Sharpie.

Not exactly Blue Peter is it?

• Haha 2

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

It's the side off a cardboard box and he's written big letters with a Sharpie.

Not exactly Blue Peter is it?

No, it’s nothing special and my original comment was questioning the claim that “loads of time” had been spent on it.

But he’s a kid and I felt mean. His dad is the one I should be critical of.

• Like 1

Everything is pretty much covered I guess. But I just wanna add that players 30 years back often had a job before they went professional. These days they are all soft, simulating pansies whom haven't worked a day in their life. They literally get paid a full median salary at the age of 16. If not before. No wonder they are all rocket polishers. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No, it’s nothing special and my original comment was questioning the claim that “loads of time” had been spent on it.

But he’s a kid and I felt mean. His dad is the one I should be critical of.

Don't worry about it.  He'll never read it ;)

They're not even Fulham fans anyway, they're Boston Utd fans who were out on a day trip, apparently.  Also some suggestion that the Dad sells signed shirts on eBay, but that might just be a wind-up!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

So we all know recently that Prem clubs each put £250,000 in notes in Scudamore's leaving card.

Yesterday North Ferriby (2015 FA Trophy winners) were wound up due to outstanding debts. They've gone.

Outstanding debts totalling £7,645.25

Their ex-chairman has lodged a bid to resurrect the club (likely a new team?) and they would, apparently, start in the division below where North Ferriby currently are.  The current team are basically nailed on for relegation.

Seems a bit unfair.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

I really feel for lower league clubs. They seem to operate on a shoestring that's 50 years old and frayed, snapping at any minute to consign them to oblivion. 

Not really the reason North Ferriby went bust.

The scumbag that owns Hull (you know, the prick that tried to rename them to Hull Tigers) bought North Ferriby and let his useless word removed of a daughter run it.  What experience did she have doing anything like this? Sod all. She basically got to use it as a plaything, racked up some big bills, then got bored so they pulled the money from it and sent the club under.

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The scumbag that owns Hull (you know, the prick that tried to rename them to Hull Tigers) bought North Ferriby and let his useless word removed of a daughter run it.  What experience did she have doing anything like this? Sod all. She basically got to use it as a plaything, racked up some big bills, then got bored so they pulled the money from it and sent the club under.

That's shocking. Gone under for the sake of a few grand as well? I feel like I don't know prospective owners should have to take out some kind of insurance first so the club can't go bankrupt due to their mismanagement 

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Its scary though, i dont know where North Ferriby is but i bet a lot of good people put time and effort in and people in the community work for the club and then some idiot can destroy it all. 

I dont think people outside of Villa know how lucky we got as Dr. Fraud could have done serious damage and other clubs have suffered worse recently. Must be time for the German 50+1 rule is brought into England. 

23 minutes ago, sne said:

The mascot for the 2020 Euro's has a top knot and is named Skillzy.

3300213_1138011247.jpg

He is inspired by "street culture" and is good at keepy up's

Having a top knot can only mean they are inspired by the samurai culture.

Really poor.

6 hours ago, sne said:

The mascot for the 2020 Euro's has a top knot and is named Skillzy.

3300213_1138011247.jpg

He is inspired by "street culture" and is good at keepy up's

i have seen them skills before 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

France Football is out with their annual list of the highest paid players in the world.

They've also added a list of the highest paid players from 1999 up until now, a manager list, and a list of the highest paid female players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Henry 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Bloody hell he really loved Monaco and thats why he returned 

I imagine this is his 3 year contract paid out in full.

Not bad for 3 months work :D  

8.5 m Euro / year Would still put him top 15 in the world. Crazy

Edited by sne

Â