January transfer window 2018

Jareth

On 13/12/2017 at 17:51, TRO said:

In the business world it is not unusual to do this....

When a company is haemorrhaging money.....its is not unusual to bring in a CEO who has the broad church of skills i.e austerity and cost cutting....to target the task of getting back to break even.....which is usually the aim.

it is equally, not unusual , that when the ship is stable, for a style of CEO who has the skill base to take the company in to profit i.e Marketing and promotional skills....to be found and appointed.

It could be similar to us really.....but I don't know the thoughts of our hierarchy......just speculating.

My brother in law was shocked to find out that his nickname within the company he worked for was The Grim Reaper as he went round each depot nationally restructuring them (cutting costs AKA people) turning each one round from loss making to profit making. 

Once he finished the national tour and they were all ticking along nicely he was given the boot.  His remit ended, time for a new man with different skills to take the business forward. 

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Flint could definitely provide the spark we need. 

Bit old fashioned?

If we're shopping from Bristol we could sign their goalkeeper Luke Steele at the same time.

Think Flint and Steele would make a good  partnership.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Bit old fashioned?

If we're shopping from Bristol we could sign their goalkeeper Luke Steele at the same time.

Think Flint and Steele would make a good  partnership.

Agreed, we would be on fire then. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

My brother in law was shocked to find out that his nickname within the company he worked for was The Grim Reaper as he went round each depot nationally restructuring them (cutting costs AKA people) turning each one round from loss making to profit making. 

Once he finished the national tour and they were all ticking along nicely he was given the boot.  His remit ended, time for a new man with different skills to take the business forward. 

sorry to hear about your brother in law.  Would he be interested in managing villa?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Erdal Rakip.

Another young Swedish player we can get on a free this winter.

21 y.o midfielder who played for champions Malmö FF, sitting on an expiring contract. 8 goals and 7 assist this season from a deep sitting midfield role.

He's on the fringe of the national side, will be going on the winter tour with the national side this January (unless he signs for a new club)

Linked to Benfica in the Portuguese papers, but that could just be paper talk.

Are we being linked with a left back at all? Would seem the most obvious gap in an injury free squad. With who we have out then yes we could do with yet another goalscorer, another young centre back to replace the weird choice of shipping Baker out would be nice so we don't have to rely on Samba or playing Jedinak in there (although he seems good enough to be honest in there).