January transfer window 2018

Jareth

56 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Well it’s reported here he was watching the Utrecht game last night and has been training with his old club

https://www.duic.nl/opinie/fc-utrecht-geeft-vijfde-plaats-weg/

and im sure when I was catching up with highlights of the game this morning the commentator during said he was a free agent training with his old club whilst talking about him being at the game, hence why I suggested him 

interesting. I am going to have a look on Wyscout app at moment. Nice one for head's up

1 hour ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Well it’s reported here he was watching the Utrecht game last night and has been training with his old club

https://www.duic.nl/opinie/fc-utrecht-geeft-vijfde-plaats-weg/

and im sure when I was catching up with highlights of the game this morning the commentator during said he was a free agent training with his old club whilst talking about him being at the game, hence why I suggested him 

You're a Legend. Wyscout is saying he is playing for Al Shebab still and other places and the link above is saying he is a bosman! That link is on the ball!!

I wonder if Daniel Sturridge would fancy 6 months of first team football? And before everyone thinks this madness - if you break it down it does  have some merit, he’s a brummie, I believe he was with us as a kid ? But more importantly from his perspective Klopp does not seem to appreciate his talents and with the World Cup just around the corner - maybe this might not be so far fetched, let’s be honest it’s not looking good for game time between now and the end of the season if he stays with Liverpool ?

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I wonder if Daniel Sturridge would fancy 6 months of first team football? And before everyone thinks this madness - if you break it down it does  have some merit, he’s a brummie, I believe he was with us as a kid ? But more importantly from his perspective Klopp does not seem to appreciate his talents and with the World Cup just around the corner - maybe this might not be so far fetched, let’s be honest it’s not looking good for game time between now and the end of the season if he stays with Liverpool ?

Even if we could pull it off, he’s extremel injury prone. We’d pay his wages and he’d possibly only play a game or two. 

2 minutes ago, Dave J said:

He wants to get his England place back - won't do that in the championship. I sure would like him on loan though. 

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He wants to get his England place back - won't do that in the championship. I sure would like him on loan though. 

Even with say 6-10 goals under his belt and some positive reviews ? But as someone has just pointed out and reminded me - he does pick up a lot of injuries. 

14 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Even with say 6-10 goals under his belt and some positive reviews ? But as someone has just pointed out and reminded me - he does pick up a lot of injuries. 

Crazy how fortunes change, he was very good not long ago. Maybe there's a chance, but I imagine wages very difficult. Think I read something about Ings earlier - we need someone to come in and hit the ground running, so not so keen on him. Reckon we'll get someone decent, key signing this. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Crazy how fortunes change, he was very good not long ago. Maybe there's a chance, but I imagine wages very difficult. Think I read something about Ings earlier - we need someone to come in and hit the ground running, so not so keen on him. Reckon we'll get someone decent, key signing this. 

Yes for me he is the most talented of all our forwards - but something is not quite right is it? He misses far too many games to become the major talent that his skills should ordinarily allow for.

i’d do it though if there is the slightest chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Behave yourself. 

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Always said he was over rated and played for himself rather than the team. Would never have become the player he was if did have one of the best players in the world alongside him. 

See him as a upper mid table Premier League player. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Always said he was over rated and played for himself rather than the team. Would never have become the player he was if did have one of the best players in the world alongside him. 

See him as a upper mid table Premier League player. 

I don’t think he is overrated - I believe him to be the most gifted of all the current England strikers - however I fully understand when you talk of him playing for himself.

stranger things do happen in football and yes it would take a lot for this to happen - it could be similar to when Robbie Keane came on Loan 

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I don’t think he is overrated - I believe him to be the most gifted of all the current England strikers - however I fully understand when you talk of him playing for himself.

stranger things do happen in football and yes it would take a lot for this to happen - it could be similar to when Robbie Keane came on Loan 

Wasn't Robbie Keane as good as retired and playing in the states.

I admit I never would have believed Terry would ever played for us so it's not impossible. I just think even if we could afford his wages and Liverpool were prepared to loan him too us. He would never play in the Championship. 

• Like 1