January transfer window 2018

Jareth

So who would get dropped for Markovic? Snodgrass is doing very well, and Adomah despite not scoring much recently has still been playing well. We also have Green coming back from injury. I can't imagine Markovic coming here to be a sub. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The ex Benfica player? Would be one of the best players in the Championship. 

Wasn't he at Hull this season?  Has he already has been one of the best players in the Championship?

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Wasn't he at Hull this season?  Has he already has been one of the best players in the Championship?

Yep, he was at Hull last season (in the PL). Loaned there from Liverpool. Played 12 games for Hull from Jan to May apparently (wiki).

I don’t remember him though, might watch some clips of Hull from last year and see vaguely what sort of player he is.

Here’s a few vids:

only one of the above has awful music, the other two are silent.

Edited by alreadyexists

26 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yep, he was at Hull last season. Loaned there from Liverpool. Played 12 games for Hull from Jan to May apparently (wiki).

I don’t remember him though, might watch some clips of Hull from last year and see vaguely what sort of player he is.

He's really, really fast. Good technique but not enough end product.

Physically weak and small.

Not lived up to the promise he showed as a youngster but in the right team and league he might still be a useful player.

Not sure the Championship and us is the right fit for him, but who knows.

He'll have to have a spectacular second half of the season to be in contention for the Serbia squad for the WC.

Edit: should add I'm by no means and expert on him, this is just my impressions from what I've seen of him.

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

Imagine starting games with Albert and Snoddy then being able to bring Green and Markovic on in place of them for the last half hour of games... They'd rip tired defenders to pieces.

In fairness all four rotating would keep them all fresh and stave off tiredness as we get into the business part of the season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Imagine starting games with Albert and Snoddy then being able to bring Green and Markovic on in place of them for the last half hour of games... They'd rip tired defenders to pieces.

In fairness all four rotating would keep them all fresh and stave off tiredness as we get into the business part of the season.

The lack of real rotation in the wide players in the last few months could catch up with Snodgrass and Adomah too, having proper cover would be massive. I also feel that Green should displace Adomah at some stage in the 1st 11 as his potential is miles above Albert's.

• Like 1

Ideally an actual real left back and a striker for me. Would be nice to be able to bring quality off the bench and have rotation options all over the pitch, but left back and striking options are dangerously thin. Injuries there and we are struggling badly IMO.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The lack of real rotation in the wide players in the last few months could catch up with Snodgrass and Adomah too, having proper cover would be massive. I also feel that Green should displace Adomah at some stage in the 1st 11 as his potential is miles above Albert's.

Green OHare RHM Elmo Onomah Grealish Gabby can all play wide. Some better than others. We are well stocked for width. Can Green  getting the shirt soon enough then Albert can cover both wings off the bench. Cover or a partner for Hogan is badly needed.