Pre-match thread

BOF

its more like 4-1-4-1 (should be)

but it‘ll look more like a 6-3—————-1  once Fulham get their passing game going

My prediction

1-0 Kodjia magic after 20mins

1-1 just before HT after 20/80 possesion during the last 15mins

1-2 before 60mins 30/70 possesion

even though we could all see it coming that we needed to sub Hutton & Whelan Bruce waits till after 70th min for Davis for Onomah and Hogan for Snod

1-3 last 5mins

Toxic VP

VT goes into meltdown

• Like 1

Just now, Grasshopper said:

its more like 4-1-4-1 (should be)

but it‘ll look more like a 6-3—————-1  once Fulham get their passing game going

My prediction

1-0 Kodjia magic after 20mins

1-1 just before HT after 20/80 possesion during the last 15mins

1-2 before 60mins 30/70 possesion

even though we could all see it coming that we needed to sub Hutton & Whelan Bruce waits till after 70th min for Davis for Onomah and Hogan for Snod

1-3 last 5mins

Toxic VP

VT goes into meltdown

That's a Brouter wet dream

• Like 1

Looks more 4231 formation to me but I think this is the right team for Fulham - they are a top passing team and we need ro compete in midfield . 

hooefully Albert ; hourihane and snodgrass will support kodjia in getting forward 

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

That's a Brouter wet dream

the truth hurts

You must admit on a scale of

Impossible - Possible - Probable - Definate

it does hover somewhere between possible & probable

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So puts the extra man in midfield when we're playing at home, but sticks with 2 up front when playing top of the league away?

Bruce really is a reactionary manager.

Either that or he learned from the Wolves defeat and has adjusted the formation accordingly? :unsure: 

• Like 1

The wolves match made something pretty clear:  When the opposition midfield is capable of passing the ball around nicely, Whelan and Hourihane cannot cope alone.  So, apparently, Bruce sees that and adds Onomah into the midfield.  I hope it works, I really do.  But it seems like the manager could have seen that pretty early in the match against Wolves and made a similar adjustment there.  (Rank amateurs that post here could see it.)  In this case, his "react 70-minutes-to-70-days-too-late style" may work today, because Wolves and Fulham play a similar kind of passing game. 

Which brings up a related question.... What style of play is it that we do again?

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Either that or he learned from the Wolves defeat and has adjusted the formation accordingly? :unsure: 

He should have adjusted the formation accordingly to Wolves in the first place, which was an away game, against a technically good team. lol

With all this "learning" every other game it's starting to seem like he is an apprentice.

Anyway, let's all just see how it goes, could be a masterstroke....or...ya know.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I know he's a bit hit and miss but Hogan cost us £14m and really needs to be given the chance to find some form.

Depending on the support he got from Hourihane and Onomah, he might do well.  But deciding to play him just because he cost a lot is daft.