Pre-match thread

BOF

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

He is currently telling every Barcelona fan he meets about this world class scottish fullback we have. 

I've made sure his trip is business aswell as pleasure :P

He needs to tell them about our version of Sergio Busquets......Whelan.:)

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

"Might" being the operative word

my better half is a season ticket holder with me.....can't even change the subject when i get home.:)

My missus hates football. When i said yesterday I'd ask my mates if they wanted to come with me she said 'charming that you think of friends before me, we don't do anything together. 

No love its because you hate football. Alas she wants to spend time with me so she's coming instead. 

So if anyone spots a women in the holte today that looks like she's chewing a wasp, that will be my better half. 

Worrying stat, Fulham have scored in the last 5 minutes 5 games in a row. Knowing us we're likely to help them extend that record

That being said a win would guarantee putting us in the top 6 as two teams there are playing each other

Going into next Sunday in playoff places will do wonders for the mentality 

UP THE VILLA!

1 minute ago, av1 said:

My missus hates football. When i said yesterday I'd ask my mates if they wanted to come with me she said 'charming that you think of friends before me, we don't do anything together. 

No love its because you hate football. Alas she wants to spend time with me so she's coming instead. 

So if anyone spots a women in the holte today that looks like she's chewing a wasp, that will be my better half. 

Conversely my missus loves football, not sure why its villa then.....Born in Holte Rd i suspect.

went in to Harvey Nicks one day where she used to work.....caught her giving instructions to 3 of the players......we were all killing ourselves laughing.

Stan Petrov said" she knows more than the manager".

I said" it don't take much"....they all cracked up and she scowled.

better go now, I' m getting the call.....I' m the reluctant one.

Utv

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Fulham, like Wolves, are actually one of the better sides in this crazy division who get the ball down and know how to play football.

On that basis alone I think VP will be toxic today. Wont be as dominant as Wolves were, but will do enough to come away with the points.

0-2 

Was just about to post something similar. Fulham can pass the ball, so it'll be very Brentford and Wolves I reckon. I think we'll struggle if they find their passing groove at all.

In terms of technique Fulham were the best side last season, which given they’re still in this league might suggest they occasionally get out smarted or out fought.

With that in mind I fancy us... to plod our way to another 2-0 loss.

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Was just about to post something similar. Fulham can pass the ball, so it'll be very Brentford and Wolves I reckon. I think we'll struggle if they find their passing groove at all.

To be fair, we usually are prepared to give teams time to find their passing groove.  We are hardly a high pressing side are we?  We will drop into our own half and try to counter, gifting Fulham the freedom of Villa Park.

Edited by macandally