Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

It's just a question of football cultures - the Italians defend first then play, the Brazilians play first then defend, the Brits value graft and lack flair, the Portuguese dive and play act - each nation has things that it considers to be the right way to play football and those things show themselves in the way they play - the Portuguese wouldn't consider being called divers an insult, they'd consider it a compliment on their cleverness.

• Like 4

Kodjia and Davies playing stupid when they get the ball. Our set pieces have also been really poor considering how bad Wolves are at defending them this season.

The ref hasn't got a clue, a half of baffling decisions on both sides.

• Like 1

Just now, Villanun said:

What I'm picking up from this thread is that Wolves are a bunch of cheats whose only tactic is diving, and that they are also spectacularly outplaying us. Make up your minds, folks.

Wolves particularly in the final third look smooth as silk, Villa haven’t done a lot wrong especially as the away side. 

Wolves could have easily had a penalty when Kodjia swung a foot in front of the face of the wolves striker.

13 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'm increasingly convinced we'll win this.

The longer we hang in there like this, the better chance we have, I agree.

Edit: you said as much three pages ago already, sorry.

Edited by AVTuco

Just now, Villanun said:

What I'm picking up from this thread is that Wolves are a bunch of cheats whose only tactic is diving, and that they are also spectacularly outplaying us. Make up your minds, folks.

I've seen two potential dives, but they're playing very well. I think we're doing ok too and the longer they go without end product the more the game will land in our favor. They'll be frustrated now and I hope we capitalize on it quickly.

Just now, Genie said:

Wolves particularly in the final third look smooth as silk, Villa haven’t done a lot wrong especially as the away side. 

Wolves could have easily had a penalty when Kodjia swung a foot in front of the face of the wolves striker.

Honestly, I don't think we're doing too badly - we're playing like an away side. That's not the problem. The problem is the number of times we play like an away side when we're at Villa Park.

• Like 2

Its a game of two very different styles. 

Wolves have played some nice one touch football but they have not really took their chances.

We have made it tough for Wolves and they are running out of ideas. We need to be more clinical. Kodjia needs to show that he can be a big game player for us. 

I am pleased with this half. I am worried about the three yellow cards that we have.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's just a question of football cultures - the Italians defend first then play, the Brazilians play first then defend, the Brits value graft and lack flair, the Portuguese dive and play act - each nation has things that it considers to be the right way to play football and those things show themselves in the way they play - the Portuguese wouldn't consider being called divers an insult, they'd consider it a compliment on their cleverness.

I played football against a South American CB last week who said, when we were appealing a penalty for a foul on our winger, "It's not a penalty, he should have fell when I challenged him"

Just now, Villanun said:

Honestly, I don't think we're doing too badly - we're playing like an away side. That's not the problem. The problem is the number of times we play like an away side when we're at Villa Park.

The thing is when we’ve won 3-0 the same people moan still.