Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

I think we'd do well with slowing down the game actually. It seems wolves thrive on fast paced attacking football.

I mean look for/make the forward pass more regularly rather than knock it about and then just lose the ball like we usually do, not so much speed up the play but try and carve out some opportunities.

Wolves break really well though so we have to be careful, they might have more luck if they bring Bonatini on and do look quite dangerous.

1 minute ago, carewjust4u said:

No, you dismissed them by saying it's "hardly a good indicator" of the game...whats the difference?

I said indicator of the flow of the game.

How is it different? Well we’ve had the same number of shots on goal as Wolves, would you say the game has been even?

Of course it hasn’t. So as I said, shots on target is hardly a good indicator of a flow of a game.

We've not played particularly well or badly. I'd say we can improve. 

Wolves haven't really had a decent chance for all their huffing, puffing and diving. 

We'll see. Sky billing it as Wolves hammering us without scoring, which seems odd to me.

We've barely threatened but we've more to offer and keeping Wolves at bay at half time isn't a disaster by any stretch of the imagination. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I said indicator of the flow of the game.

How is it different? Well we’ve had the same number of shots on goal as Wolves, would you say the game has been even?

Of course it hasn’t. So as I said, shots on target is hardly a good indicator of a flow of a game.

I think this is were we fundamently disagree. Wolves have been tidy in possession but been very poor with he final ball, think it's been not much in it for either side.