Match Thread: Wolves v Villa

limpid

3 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

I've seen two potential dives, but they're playing very well. I think we're doing ok too and the longer they go without end product the more the game will land in our favor. They'll be frustrated now and I hope we capitalize on it quickly.

funnily enough the worst dive was from the Scottish Douglas

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The site would explode if we were losing. 

I think it would relax a little - it's tension that creates the reaction. The longer we all stay on the edge of our angry nerves, the better we're doing. 

That said, I'll take three quick Villa goals in the opening five minutes of the second half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Nobody has said we were diabolical. 

Shots on target is hardly the best indicator of the flow of a game.

There was a post that was quite extreme. Probably should have quoted it. It's gone better than I expected. I thought they'd be 2 up at half time.

Villa have conceded most of our goals this season in the 10-15 minutes after the start of the second half. We get through that patch and I think we've got a chance of winning this. We haven't really done a lot wrong and they're gonna tire second half. Let's hope we've got enough in reserve to take this to them later on.

• Like 1

Just now, Farlz said:

He'll probably do something stupid in this second half but that was a super tackle from Hutton when Costa was through

I'm afraid of that too. He's running hot after that success. Bound to happen, unfortunately.

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

Anyone watch Liverpool v Man Utd earlier?

Sometimes pragmatism is the best way forward.

Absolutely. I actually applaud it as well, I take no issue with pragmatic football.

What I have an issue with is poor football. 

We are poor with the ball. We are poor at retaining it and poor at using it when we do have it. That’s what I have issue with because it isn’t just today it’s been that way the entire 12 months Bruce has been here, home or away against Wolves or Bolton.

• Like 1

Need to be more positive when we have possession, less passing sideways and backwards, other than that we are looking quite solid. I’m glad we have the basis of a settled side, I do think we lack quality/creativity in CM (not a fan of Whelan) and need to get the ball out quicker to our attackers. Snodgrass and Adomah are both quality players.

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

He'll probably do something stupid in this second half but that was a super tackle from Hutton when Costa was through

Probably being abit harsh and will be the only one that thinks this. But for me the fact he even attempted that challenge with the way he dived in with his right foot from the left side is why he is shit. It's early in the game and you get that wrong and it's game over. Bad judgment but he pulled it off so well done. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Need to be more positive when we have possession, less passing sideways and backwards, other than that we are looking quite solid. I’m glad we have the basis of a settled side, I do think we lack quality/creativity in CM and need to get the ball out quicker to our attackers. Snodgrass and Adomah are both quality players.

I think we'd do well with slowing down the game actually. It seems wolves thrive on fast paced attacking football.

• Like 1

Undefeated in 8 and have won 4 on the bounce. We are also playing possibly the best footballing side in the division on their own patch and it's 0-0 at HT. I know it's edgy now because we are doing well and that creates more nerves, but we are doing alright. Villa fans very quiet tonight .

• Like 2

Just now, osmark86 said:

I think we'd do well with slowing down the game actually. It seems wolves thrive on fast paced attacking football.

Agree. We neee to stifle them. Play a bit dirty. Also stop throwing everyone forward on set pieces. It's playing in to their hands.

• Like 1