Active Shooter On Las Vegas Strip

Kingman

It's quite ridiculous that the government is scared to take on the NRA as they not only have shit loads of guns but also the law on their side, how on earth was that allowed to happen? You'd like to think that at some point maybe 100 or so years ago someone thought "might need to do something here before this gets out of hand..."

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It's quite ridiculous that the government is scared to take on the NRA as they not only have shit loads of guns but also the law on their side, how on earth was that allowed to happen? You'd like to think that at some point maybe 100 or so years ago someone thought "might need to do something here before this gets out of hand..."

Make the changes now, give it 2-3 generations and we might be on the right track. This is along term problem, there is no short term fix here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Make the changes now, give it 2-3 generations and we might be on the right track. This is along term problem, there is no short term fix here.

Yup, first step will be the hardest but someone needs to take it.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Talking to Americans on the internet about guns is one of the most frustrating conversations imaginable.

Who knew that someone's freedom to own an ineffective weapon against a theoretical ttyrannical government is more important than everyone else's freedom to feel safe in their community.

273 mass shootings in America so far this year, but that's a price worth paying to be able to form a militia if they ever need to. 

It must be right, some politicians 200 years ago thought so.

it truly is fascinating that this is a popular train of thought. it's big industry now so outlawing guns would affect a ton of people very negatively, but it's such a shame it ever got to that point at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

His handlers will be pleased. First time he’s stuck to the script in ages

he's a man who told flooded Puerto Ricans over the weekend they were surround by "big water"

i seriously cant think of or remember a leader who is so bad at publicly speaking

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It was theocratic nonsense.

I mean I get most of these kinds of speeches are prepared and read off a teleprompter, but this felt so emotionless and almost like he was dragged there that I'd be offended if I was a relative of a victim.

He got more passionate and riled up defending Nazis than this ffs

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

I mean I get most of these kinds of speeches are prepared and read off a teleprompter, but this felt so emotionless and almost like he was dragged there that I'd be offended if I was a relative of a victim.

He got more passionate and riled up defending Nazis than this ffs

Strange really, as CNN said a lot of the people at the concert would of been Trump voters. Pigeon holing, I know. 

4 hours ago, mjmooney said:

And why "music" in quotes? 

The last song was coming to an end so the music element must have played a part for this guy ? (or get a room on the other side of the hotel minus the small arsenal of weapons). 

Surely if his aim was to kill he would have done it in the middle of the concert as it would have been busier ?

Who knows, he had 10 rifles in his room,  for all we know he hated the last song as it reminded him of his mom or he was trying to get to sleep.  Nothing would surprise me with this guy or the gun owners in that country.

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

The last song was coming to an end so the music element must have played a part for this guy ? (or get a room on the other side of the hotel minus the small arsenal of weapons). 

Surely if his aim was to kill he would have done it in the middle of the concert as it would have been busier ?

Who knows, he had 10 rifles in his room,  for all we know he hated the last song as it reminded him of his mom or he was trying to get to sleep.  Nothing would surprise me with this guy or the gun owners in that country.

If he was just angry because he couldn't sleep, then I'd of hated to see him really pissed off :)

• Like 1

Â