Active Shooter On Las Vegas Strip

Kingman

Following on from your vid :

This website has been mentioned by me & others before but it illustrates just how bad some places in the states really are and just how impossible it is to even begin to think about controlling:

Chicago shootings

http://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

Last week : 82 shootings, 15 dead

Last month : 330 shootings, 57 dead

This year so far : 2882 shootings, 496 dead

This is in one single city, with a population of about twice the amount of where many people on here are from, Birmingham.

Can you even imagine someone getting shot quite literally every 2 hours in Brum?

Unfortunately it is very much the Chekov's Gun syndrome, Put a gun somewhere and someone will use it. One of the main reasons i didn't really want one in the house when living in the states.

BTW yesterday in chicago, another 11 people were shot, 2 fatally

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Following on from your vid :

This website has been mentioned by me & others before but it illustrates just how bad some places in the states really are and just how impossible it is to even begin to think about controlling:

Chicago shootings

http://heyjackass.com/category/2017-stats/

Last week : 82 shootings, 15 dead

Last month : 330 shootings, 57 dead

This year so far : 2882 shootings, 496 dead

This is in one single city, with a population of about twice the amount of where many people on here are from, Birmingham.

Can you even imagine someone getting shot quite literally every 2 hours in Brum?

Unfortunately it is very much the Chekov's Gun syndrome, Put a gun somewhere and someone will use it. One of the main reasons i didn't really want one in the house when living in the states.

BTW yesterday in chicago, another 11 people were shot, 2 fatally

Absolutely frightening statistics. Infact it's beyond belief that those figures are real. 

I have an old school friend who actually was at the concert with her 3 other friends when the gunfire broke out. She posted on facebook saying 2 of her friends were shot, and one was shot in the chest. She managed to not get hit by any of the bullets, but is in the hospital while her friends are receiving surgery. 

She gave a short, but terrifying recount of the events. I love America. A lot of my childhood and college was in America, but our gun laws are a joke. How a man is allowed to have 10 assault weapons is beyond me. How does that not ring any alarms? Why in the world does anyone even need such a deadly weapon. I can get behind owning a pistol for your own safety or casual shooting at the range, but automatic weapons? Just why? Even for people who hunt, they don't see an AK to kill a deer. 

I'm glad my friend is safe. 

• Like 1

Nobody truly needs a gun. Absolutely nobody needs an assault rifle, ever. There is no justifying a weapon like that. Yet in lots of the US, of you can afford it, you can have it. In Nevada, you sing even need to wait.

This a country where a supermarket sells rifles. 'Honey, don't forget the eggs, and get the right detergent this time. Oh and pick up an AR15 while you're there'.

Nuts. And literally will never, every be solved. Because they like guns too much. The price to be paid for that is thousands of needless deaths year after year. And every once in a while some word removed needs desperately to show the world his rage and kills dozens of innocents with the nice force multiplier he got from the good old gun store. Or at the show.

There's some things about America I admire. And then you remember this kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Nobody truly needs a gun. Absolutely nobody needs an assault rifle, ever. There is no justifying a weapon like that. Yet in lots of the US, of you can afford it, you can have it. In Nevada, you sing even need to wait.

This a country where a supermarket sells rifles. 'Honey, don't forget the eggs, and get the right detergent this time. Oh and pick up an AR15 while you're there'.

Nuts. And literally will never, every be solved. Because they like guns too much. The price to be paid for that is thousands of needless deaths year after year. And every once in a while some word removed needs desperately to show the world his rage and kills dozens of innocents with the nice force multiplier he got from the good old gun store. Or at the show.

There's some things about America I admire. And then you remember this kind of thing.

Some old guy in the 19th century said we have to have guns in case our government becomes """""tyrannical""""". We're going to need our guns against the most powerful army in the history of mankind. 

I'd be interested to see if there is any information or statistics on how many incidents have been stopped by a random 'American Joe' who is carrying and happened to be at the right place at the right time to stop an attacker/gunman.  

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I'd be interested to see if there is any information or statistics on how many incidents have been stopped by a random 'American Joe' who is carrying and happened to be at the right place at the right time to stop an attacker/gunman.  

It's not many I can assure you. People tend to not be very good in those situations unless specifically trained to react to them.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

That was the most phoned in speech ever, jeez. Zero emotion, just barely reading off the prompter.

Narcissist in acting like narcissist shocker! The Donald is only interested in one thing,himself. I have no doubt that he doesnt give two shits about the people who tragically lost their lives. 

Edited by villa89

41 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If the people are to be able to form a well-armed militia to prevent oppression by the US government, they don't need automatic rifles, they need nuclear warheads, jets, and aircraft carriers.

That is indeed the logic as it applies to international relations, and yet the US seems unable to understand why other countries feel the need to defend themselves against the US government, which is historically and objectively a far greater threat to them than to the inhabitants of the US, at least in respect of direct armed aggression.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Narcissist in acting like narcissist shocker! The Donald is only interested in one thing,himself. I have no doubt that he doesnt give two shits about the people who tragically lost their lives. 

That's most unfair.

Only this weekend,  he took 30 seconds out from his golf tournament to dedicate the prize to the victims of the hurricane in Puerto Rico.  The depth and sincerity of his empathy cannot be doubted.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, peterms said:

That is indeed the logic as it applies to international relations, and yet the US seems unable to understand why other countries feel the need to defend themselves against the US government, which is historically and objectively a far greater threat to them than to the inhabitants of the US, at least in respect of direct armed aggression.

Literally the whole point of NK's nuke program is to deter (not even attack) a tyrannical state from pursuing their favoured """""regime change""""".

Of course leave it to the tv star with zero political nous or experience to interpret that as "they're going to attack us" and escalate nuclear war...mostly over Twitter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Great point and I'd also love to know this, even in Nevada when every man and his dog are carrying guns none of them managed to take out this shooter.

Same for all the other very high profile incidents, I've never heard of any member of the public shooting back to bring it to an earlier end.

Â