Active Shooter On Las Vegas Strip

Kingman

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Allegedly the killer converted to Islam a few months ago. Isis are claiming responsibility, but you can take that with a pinch of salt. 

credible source?

It's scary how this guy shot people with (presumably) a weapon that you won't get until your second year in the British army. A high powered scoped, long distance bullpup rifle like Steyr AUG or similar. If you want one in the US you just go to your local wallmart, keep your mental disease locked away for 5 minutes and then you're good to go. Ridiculous. 

I'm sure Trump will say it's not the gun's fault yet again to cheers from the local NRA club. The truth is, had he had a gun that you needed to reload after one shot (ala. Canadian rules) he'd maybe killed 1 or 2 people.

simple solution... ban country music :ph34r:

more seriously, there's very little that can be done to prevent a crazy person doing crazy things, but making it very difficult to obtain multiple full automatic rifles seems like the lowest of low hanging fruit. But, given the slaughter of children resulted in zero change when the democrats were in charge... it seems so hopeless at times over here :(

Edited by villakram

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

IS say so :rolleyes:

the same organization that takes cred for pretty much every single headline-grabbing murderous event taking place in the west?

Edited by osmark86

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

the same organization that takes cred for pretty much every single headline-grabbing murderous event taking place in the west?

The very same!  You've heard of them, then.

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

It's scary how this guy shot people with (presumably) a weapon that you won't get until your second year in the British army.

British soldiers are trained with semi automatic rifles within weeks of starting basic training. 

You get a convoy tan in year 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

The very same!  You've heard of them, then.

my point being it's in their interest to claim responsibility to further their agenda even if it's true or not. unless dead-certain evidence of IS connection is presented I will very much doubt they had anything to do with this shooting.

Just now, osmark86 said:

my point being it's in their interest to claim responsibility to further their agenda even if it's true or not. unless dead-certain evidence of IS connection is presented I will very much doubt they had anything to do with this shooting.

That was my point too! Hence the rolleyes...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Same here. If his partner comes and and says, yes he converted etc etc or some other evidence then fair enough. If it turns out he was a convert there is nothing to say he wouldn't of done this anyway, but some people use religion as a cover for their own evil doings and thoughts. 

Talking to Americans on the internet about guns is one of the most frustrating conversations imaginable.

Who knew that someone's freedom to own an ineffective weapon against a theoretical ttyrannical government is more important than everyone else's freedom to feel safe in their community.

273 mass shootings in America so far this year, but that's a price worth paying to be able to form a militia if they ever need to. 

It must be right, some politicians 200 years ago thought so.

• Like 2

Â