Active Shooter On Las Vegas Strip

Kingman

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Police are saying at least twenty dead

You hear the shooting start here, that's a shit load of bullets... 

That's some automatic machine gun, it's terrifying just hearing it on a video. :o

46 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Police are saying at least twenty dead

You hear the shooting start here, that's a shit load of bullets... 

Where is the report of 20 dead from? From what I am seeing it is only 2 confirmed so far but that looks very likely to rise. Someone was firing an automatic rifle from a high window into a large crowd. 

The twenty was comments made by individual officers, not an official statement. Apparently they don't bother encrypting police radio traffic over there, so there's people posting basically everything they say on Reddit.

If this is as reported that a guy is firing an automatic weapon from an elevated position into a crowd of several thousand for up to 15 minutes then the death toll much go way up from the currently confirmed 2.

TMZ (yes I know) are reporting 20 people dead and the shooter killed by a SWAT team on the 32th floor of the Mandalay Bay.

24 others injured, 12 of them critically.

Their source is The Las Vegas Review Journal

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I nearly choked on my tea when young un in back said it might not be a terrorist attack and could be just some regular Yank loon. He is quite liberal bless him. 

A single shooter, it could be a gun nut. Too early to say. 

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

There will be candles on the pavement soon enough to make it all OK again.

It's odd,  I would have guessed tighter gun controls would be the solution but what do I know,  candles on the pavement it is.

If there had been a good US citizen stood in the room with a bigger gun, this wouldn't have happened.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I nearly choked on my tea when young un in back said it might not be a terrorist attack and could be just some regular Yank loon. He is quite liberal bless him. 

It would hardly be astounding if it were just some Yank loon, would it? 

I think it's best to wait before drawing any conclusions. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Yes, that country with literally decades of nutters showing their rage with high powered weaponry, killing literally thousands over the years, that has multiple examples a week, that has this kinda thing happen so often they've actually coined phrases because of it ('going postal' coming from the post office shootings of the 80s), that has had so many of these incidents recently you'd run out of fingers before you ran out of incidents, definitely has to be a crazed Muslim.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

There will be candles on the pavement soon enough to make it all OK again.

It's odd,  I would have guessed tighter gun controls would be the solution but what do I know,  candles on the pavement it is.

Pray for Vegas. That should do the trick. 

Â