Commonwealth Games 2022

villa4europe

5 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Next Thursday is going to be a piss take of a day with the area shut down for the cycling trials. 2 people at work have booked the day off to avoid the hassle

Cycling-Time-Trial-2.png

I've just had half hour added to my journey home as The Stratford Road was closed for the Batton relay. 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Got some Athletics tickets in the ballot for mooring session, Friday 5th but can no longer go.  Have bagged some for the Gymnastics this coming Saturday though.

Sounds like that might be wet.

• Haha 1

I'm going to the swimming session Monday evening with the wife and kids. Anybody know what the parking is like around Sandwell Aquatic centre?

Planning on getting there early, then getting the train into town to make a day of it, before coming back for the swimming.

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I'm going to the swimming session Monday evening with the wife and kids. Anybody know what the parking is like around Sandwell Aquatic centre?

Planning on getting there early, then getting the train into town to make a day of it, before coming back for the swimming.

Don't quote me but I was under the impression that there was no parking at any venues and they were relying on public transport and shuttle buses to venues.   Maybe this is just the Alexander Stadium though.

Just now, sidcow said:

Don't quote me but I was under the impression that there was no parking at any venues and they were relying on public transport and shuttle buses to venues.   Maybe this is just the Alexander Stadium though.

Thought it would be easy enough to find some street parking but just seen the road closure/restrictions map. Definitely need a bit more planning rather than turning up and parking the car. 

First lie from Dorries. All been delivered on time and on budget. We'll the commonwealth Village is not ready and most of the athletes are in hotels around Birmingham. Also most of Perry Barr is a construction site.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

First lie from Dorries. All been delivered on time and on budget. We'll the commonwealth Village is not ready and most of the athletes are in hotels around Birmingham. Also most of Perry Barr is a construction site.

Is the village not ready?  From everything i had heard I thought it was.

Â