Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

7 minutes ago, Fab said:

On the plus side, imagine the Bristol gaffer and players right now. They weren't prepared for this ;) 

That was my thought as well.  Hopefully he's looking at it totally flummoxed having spent all week training to play against our previously successful line up. 

Maybe he is also going WTF? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I just don't get this - for me, our right backs in current order of preference are DeLaet, Bree and Hutton. Then in an emergency, either Chester or Elmohamady can play there depending on whether or not you're Martin O'Neill. I've seen nothing to suggest that Elmohamady is a better right winger than Adomah - I thought Snodgrass was left sided and would compete with Green on that side. Whichever, I don't want our second best right winger playing ahead of our three best right backs at right back - it smacks of shoehorning him into the side.

Elmo played there most of the time for Hull. He's ahead of Hutton (who isn't) and probably fresher than Bree and RDL who played midweek. 

1 minute ago, LancsVillan said:

the ones removed might but HE won't. Hopefully his back goes into spasm again

I can't stand him & have no idea how he is still here but chucking him on for 10-15 minutes against tired players still seems to have an impact

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Elmo played there most of the time for Hull. He's ahead of Hutton (who isn't) and probably fresher than Bree and RDL who played midweek. 

I'd put Hutton ahead of him as a right back in a four - and personally I prefer a four. 

17 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Find a system that gets the best out of Hourihane and unleashes goals.

Next game, change system.

Absolutely. Its a ridiculous line up. 

My first thought is completely baffled

My fan thought is "I hope this works"

My religious side is "God, please let this work"

My intellectual side is "I can't wait to see how this plays out, should be interesting.

• Like 2

I'm not saying shit about this formation..

Many Villa fans threw their toys out of the pram last Saturday at Bruce's selection namely Davis..

Many Villa fans threw their toys out of the pram on Tuesday at Bruce's selection namely for playing "a weak team full of kids"

I'll complain after full time if there is any reason to as the last two games have made many fans to look foolish. I am amazed so many fans are yet again throwing their toys out of the pram.. Have you not learned from last Saturday? We don't know shit.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

My first thought is completely baffled

My fan thought is "I hope this works"

My religious side is "God, please let this work"

My intellectual side is "I can't wait to see how this plays out, should be interesting.

Pretty much this.

I can't think of many questions where Samba is the answer.

This strikes most of us as an absurd team/formation considering everything we know and have seen in recent weeks. So let's see who wins in a Armchair fan vs Paid Manager fight!