Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I just don't get it. 

Hourihane scored 4 in 2 and will now have to sit back. Green will be playing central which makes no sense. Lansbury had 2 assists and sits on the bench. 

8 goals, 2 wins and he goes back to this. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get it. 

Hourihane scored 4 in 2 and will now have to sit back. Green will be playing central which makes no sense. Lansbury had 2 assists and sits on the bench. 

Will look at the Norwich game, ignore the hat trick, ignore the attacking play, ignore the fact we could have scored 7 or 8. Will just see the 2 goals conceded and shit the bed. Does himself no **** favours.

Like I say, the guy will never change and anyone thinking he will and let people off the leash is kidding themselves.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't think it's all that different - plan will be to get Davis to hold it up while Green and Hourihane get forward on the counter. It is more defensive, but we can hurt them. Also Elmo at RB makes sense as that is where he will be when Snodgrass plays next game.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

I just don't get it. 

I think Ono will be the one sitting back. Wouldn't be surprised if Green was partnering Davis and Hourihane plays AM.

Think the tactics will only work if Davis occupies their defence and allows Hourihane and Green space.

Also seems like we may be hoping for Davis to get his head on some crosses.

1 minute ago, Fab said:

On the plus side, imagine the Bristol gaffer and players right now. They weren't prepared for this ;) 

Baker left only weeks ago and hasn't played competitively with 6 of out starting line up, that's a bit scary

I guess he is maybe thinking that Bristol will come out strong. Big game on TV. Play 5 at the back and soak up whatever they have whilst trying to counter. The bench has some good attacking options on to change things round shortly into the 2nd half.

Maybe not the best way to go about things but will probably work. Gabby, Hogan & Adomah/Lansbury could make a huge difference coming on for 30 mins or easy enough to change to something more attacking with pulling Samba off early if things aren't going to plan

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Also Elmo at RB makes sense as that is where he will be when Snodgrass plays next game.

I just don't get this - for me, our right backs in current order of preference are DeLaet, Bree and Hutton. Then in an emergency, either Chester or Elmohamady can play there depending on whether or not you're Martin O'Neill. I've seen nothing to suggest that Elmohamady is a better right winger than Adomah - I thought Snodgrass was left sided and would compete with Green on that side. Whichever, I don't want our second best right winger playing ahead of our three best right backs at right back - it smacks of shoehorning him into the side.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fab said:

On the plus side, imagine the Bristol gaffer and players right now. They weren't prepared for this ;) 

Nor were we...

To be fair it is only 1 change to Saturdays line up and that involves Hutton out! If this goes bad it's because of formation and pressure will be back on Bruce...

Who knows, of it starts badly he might change formation back.... :o