Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Hopefully Baker is due an OG, Good platform to build off on Friday.

Not many miles on the clock in September, 4 of the 6 games are at home with just a short trip to Burton then up the road to Barnsley. 

We will be Top Of The League going into the International break sports fans :D 

My 11 + Subs

Steer

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo     Lansbury    Green

Hourihane

Davis

Subs - SJ RDL Samba Jedi Adomah Onomah Hogan

I think Bruce will play SJ for Steer Hutton (F****) for Bree and possibly Onomah for Lansbury.

If Davis gets found out and Hourihane cant shine/shoot then I cant see a goal coming.

21 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

My 11 + Subs

Steer

Bree Chester Terry Taylor

Whelan

Elmo     Lansbury    Green

Hourihane

Davis

Subs - SJ RDL Samba Jedi Adomah Onomah Hogan

This is the team I'd go for too, except I'd include Johnstone (which will happen anyway). He's been much improved this season.

FWIW I think it's the team Bruce will go for too, depending on Onomah's fitness.

I'm quite looking forward to this one all of a sudden. I'm sure Villa will bring me back down to earth.

• Like 3

I think this is currently our best XI. We can then have Hogan, Elmo, and Lansbury as subs. Good depth. I don't want to make too many changes from the Norwich match, but Hutton needs to be dropped, and I think Adomah is the better winger for this team. 

795c43f4efbc012f6a4191e91af2facb.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

I think this is currently our best XI. We can then have Hogan, Elmo, and Lansbury as subs. Good depth. I don't want to make too many changes from the Norwich match, but Hutton needs to be dropped, and I think Adomah is the better winger for this team. 

I would go with that team too, Hogan, Lansbury, Elmo, O'hare, Elphick, Bree, Steer as Subs. Shame that JDH wouldn't make the bench, deserves to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I would go with that team but put Elmo in for Adomah. Elmo wins so much in the air he's like a centre forward playing on the wing and thats a great outlet to have away from home. If Onomah isn't fit then Angela should play.

I hope our magnificent away support give Baker a chorus of "Magic Hat."*

*Just before he scores an own goal

Edited by TheAuthority

Got to be:

GK: Johnstone

RB: De Laet

CB: Terry (c)

CB: Chester

LB: Taylor

RM: Elmo

CM: Onomah

CM: Hourihane

LM: Green

ST: Davis

ST: Hogan

Subs: Steer, Bree, Bjarnson, Adomah, Whelan, Lansbury, Jedinak. 

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

Where will we fit in Kodjia when he returns? :D

If we keep spanking teams by 4 goals then he's living on the bench.

Kodjia is great and we'd have likely finished far closer to the relegation zone last season without him, but right now he's not guaranteed to slot right back in. 

It's a great issue to have though that while this is working we don't have to play one of the best strikers in the league, but if it stops working we simply play one of the best strikers in the league. :D 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, wedge said:

Got to be:

Will this be the first team/squad that we take to an away game absent of the old guard? Hutton, Gabby, Grealish, Rchards, Bacuna etc. I.e. the bunch that barely won away for two years.

Let's put this away day hoodoo to bed once and for all.

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Anyone know how many Bristol rested in the win at Watford last night?

Bristol made 9 changes last night from the team that drew 0-0 with Millwall.

Diedhiou (ST) and Fielding (GK) are the only players that remained unchanged, although Diedhiou was subbed at half-time. So their squad will be largely 100% rested for the game on Friday. 

11 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Decent side, but why are we dressed as Rotherham? Surely a colour clash with Bristol City? ;)

Yeah - agree with Czechlad's side to start.  We really need to play exactly the same way - forget about it being away.  Attack and pressure them, stay on the front foot and get rid of the away / on TV hoodoo.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Daweii said:

Bristol made 9 changes last night from the team that drew 0-0 with Millwall.

Diedhiou (ST) and Fielding (GK) are the only players that remained unchanged, although Diedhiou was subbed at half-time. So their squad will be largely 100% rested for the game on Friday. 

So Bristols 2nd team beat Watford last night? 

I just hope RDL or Bree get to play RB. I'd also play Adomah for Elmo, he deserves the start for his efforts last night, then bring Elmo on around the 60th minute with Hogan coming on for Davis. 

13 hours ago, wedge said:

Got to be:

I agree Wedge, I think that's our strongest team... maybe Whelan for Onomah just to add some experience/maturity...  but Onomah seems a good player.

I think some fans may be getting over excited by the Norwich game. On 2 occasions it looked like they would equalise. We managed to break away and kill the game off but in the second half we never looked in control. 

We really need to kill teams off first half when we create so many chances. 

• Like 3