General Election 2017

ender4

Just now, tonyh29 said:

he'd need a Coalition .. which presumably would come with strings attached  , or do you think it would come free of charge ?

I'll finish it for you.

If this was Corbyn, those accepting this would be ramping up the coalition of chaos, weak leader, magic money tree agendas.

Yet when May does it, we find out it actually all for the common good. £1.5bn wasted on this GE and chaos.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

I though it was 1billion we are giving them? so how is that 350 million a week to NI? :suspect:

It's £2b Dem with add-ons.

And it's not meant to line up exactly.

12 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

A £1bn deal and the Good Friday agreement up in flames, well done the Tory party on potentially reigniting the troubles in Northern Ireland. 

BUT CORBYN WON'T NUKE KIDS!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Corbyn offers the inducement of cancelling student debt for votes, at the cost £30bn = high-minded political genius.

May spends £1bn to prevent Remainers from voting Brexit into oblivion = corrupt politics at its worst. 

Partisan politics - what's not to like?

really?

come on bro.

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

They should have taken that power with votes they won then, not buy 10 more seats for 1bn using a magic money tree.

This is the key point. 

She didn't 'have to' get a formal deal with the DUP. It would have been possible to run a minority government without spending all this money in bribes, given that the DUP wouldn't do anything to cause a Corbyn government anyway. This is May's choice, not some kind of inevitable development that she's had no say in. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This is the key point. 

She didn't 'have to' get a formal deal with the DUP. It would have been possible to run a minority government without spending all this money in bribes, given that the DUP wouldn't do anything to cause a Corbyn government anyway. This is May's choice, not some kind of inevitable development that she's had no say in. 

I'd have thought people in the UK would be delighted that a run down area of the Union has secured some extra funding , instead it seems to all be about us us us and **** them  :P

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I'd have thought people in the UK would be delighted that a run down area of the Union has secured some extra funding , instead it seems to all be about us us us and **** them  :P

Ah, you're finally starting to see how the Conservative party works!

Â