General Election 2017

ender4

25 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Sure, if politics was as simple as 'fantastic campaign = win, bad campaign = lose'

As with everything else in the world, it's not that black and white.

Well I wonder if the opinion about this "fantastic campaign" will be revised tomorrow....

• Like 1

Just now, mykeyb said:

Well I wonder if the opinion about this "fantastic campaign" will be revised tomorrow....

I think people are confusing 'fantastic' with effective.

To win labour needs Tories to vote labour. They aren't close to that. At best they have hoovered a few lib dem and UKIP voters

Just now, mykeyb said:

You do realise you are part of that group

Yup.

The "general" vote will be for a Conservative government.  The reasoning from this forum of those voting Conservative (small selection) and my mates voting Conservative (small selection) is based on "Corbyn", "they aren't Labour".

Nothing about what the Conservatives will do or what they like about the Conservatives.

It's pathetic.  It's the general public.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

There is no way China Umunna will ever be PM.

It'll be a generation before another Labour government.

I don't disagree - but he'd be (in my opinion, from what I've seen) a good candidate to lead that party.

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's interesting that so many anti-Labour people have entrenched views on events that happened in completely different times, approximately 40 years ago, under different people.

Why don't people care about what the parties are saying they will do?  Baffling.

It's a bit like Steve Bruce buying Joey Barton and saying Joey wont be a thug he's written it down in a manifesto, He wont be a thug.

But most of us would believe he'll still be a thug

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

It's a bit like Steve Bruce buying Joey Barton and saying Joey wont be a thug he's written it down in a manifesto, He wont be a thug.

I mean, it's absolutely nothing like that. But sure.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Why don't people care about what the parties are saying they will do?  Baffling.

I'm going to guess, because they don't believe or trust parties to do what they say. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's interesting that so many anti-Labour people have entrenched views on events that happened in completely different times, approximately 40 years ago, under different people.

Thatcher still gets blamed for everything on VT , I'd say that was more entrenched than any views on Labour :)

but I think the use of the words "disaster" and "never been able to cost anything" are fair game for anyone who has read their Manifesto ... I'm sure there is room for an "ahh but the Tory manifesto " as well  ,which is fair comment , but in the case of Corbyn it's exactly what he's saying he will do that is scaring the Bejebus out of people 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Thatcher still gets blamed for everything on VT , I'd say that was more entrenched than any views on Labour :)

but I think the use of the words "disaster" and "never been able to cost anything" are fair game for anyone who has read their Manifesto ... I'm sure there is room for an "ahh but the Tory manifesto " as well  ,which is fair comment , but in the case of Corbyn it's exactly what he's saying he will do that is scaring the Bejebus out of people 

I hate educated, healthy people too :(

5 minutes ago, colhint said:

No... no it's not?

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Missed this, actually.

I'm not not voting for the Conservatives because of Thatcher.  Herein lies the difference.

one thing that needs to change pronto, is FPTP. The idea of a safe seat regardless of colour is just so intrinsically anti-democratic and exclusionary in its make up, I actually find it absurd we still have it today, not to mention the problem of having the same vote to elect a local representative, yet is marketed ubiquitously as a judgement on who is prime minister. 

If we accept we'll always focus on a leader of some sort, then let that leader have their own election. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's interesting that so many anti-Conservative people have entrenched views on events that happened in completely different times, approximately 40 years ago, under different people.

Flip side of your coin.

Â