General Election 2017

ender4

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

yes, well until the polls close, then if the prediction is misery ( norht of a 100 ) ( I'll go straight to drink / sleep

+1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Is there any evidence Murdoch ever said that?

Considering Murdoch is the most powerful man in this country, if he didn't I am sure he could have ruined him if it wasn't true

6 hours ago, KHV said:

Labour have never been able to cost anything which is why they end up borrowing so much

How much have the Tory governments of the last seven years borrowed compared to what they told us they were going to borrow? (So that takes in to account that the deficit started where it did in 2010).

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Is anyone going to stay up to watch the results?

I'll be up but in reality , it will be a night of people on facebook  telling us how evil / dumb we are  , whilst promising to leave the country

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I'll be up but in reality , it will be a night of people on facebook  telling us how evil / dumb we are  , whilst promising to leave the country

Why would you promise to leave the country?!

• Like 1

I'm getting confused. Won't Tories need a majority of about 76 to be able to form a government? They need 326 so more than half of 650. So that would be 76 more than Labour on about 250 if the rest add up to 76. Or am I misinterpreting how everyone is quoting their majorities?

13 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I've got this guy as my Labour candidate:

Image result for david mellen

...but the seat is one of the safest Conservative seats in the country (probably):

Image result for ken clarke

To be fair, Ken Clarke is about the only decent Tory, even though that's a contradiction in terms.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Americas Poodle sending British troops to Korea  ;)

The Korean War was a United Nations led conflict. It was initiated in response to an unprovoked attack on South Korea by the North Koreans , backed by Communist China. The decision was taken after a democratic vote by the Security Council. Russia missed the vote, they have never missed one since. Your assertion that this makes Attlee "Americas Poodle" is at best inane at worst a smear on a truly great man.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Will go with a Tory majority of 71.

Three figures can't happen surely....

Can you lay out the numbers for me? I'm not sure that gives Tories 326 seats

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Unless they eliminated the deficit immediately

Osborne told us in 2010:

As a result of the measures I will announce today, public sector net borrowing will be: £149 billion this year, falling to...In 2015-16, borrowing falls further to £20 billion.

As a share of the economy, borrowing will fall from 10.1 per cent of GDP this year to just 1.1 per cent in 2015-16.

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

The increase in 2010 was about as fast as anywhere else on the graph, this is why I cannot vote Labour at this election.

Because the Tories (with their minions) were in power for more than half of 2010? :huh:

2 minutes ago, meregreen said:

The Korean War was a United Nations led conflict. It was initiated in response to an unprovoked attack on South Korea by the North Koreans , backed by Communist China. The decision was taken after a democratic vote by the Security Council. Russia missed the vote, they have never missed one since. Your assertion that this makes Attlee "Americas Poodle" is at best inane at worst a smear on a truly great man.

you know how people laughed at Dem taking the Daily Mash seriously  .....  I mean come on 

by the way , The soviets were actually the backers , not China , Mao agreed to support as he needed Soviet economic and military aid

• Like 1

Â