General Election 2017

ender4

26 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It's a bit like asking if you would prefer to be kicked in the balls or punched in the balls. Neither is going to do you much good but hopefully one will hurt a bit less

Shoes or barefoot?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I think I've read that previously but don't take any real notice as they are an utter irrelevance in terms of the GE.

I don't think any party is irrelevant, maybe to the actual results. But if that party starts picking up enough votes they will influence policy of the mainstream parties. See UKIP / Tory Brexit vote bribe fiasco. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think that's an outdated accusation.

3 months ago I'd agree with you but they've run a fantastic campaign.

Surely if it was a fantastic campaign they would win.......

1 minute ago, mykeyb said:

Surely if it was a fantastic campaign they would win.......

Sure, if politics was as simple as 'fantastic campaign = win, bad campaign = lose'

As with everything else in the world, it's not that black and white.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mykeyb said:

On the basis they aren't Labour and May is a dead woman walking it's a vote for the Tories tomorrow which I am sure will go down really well in this thread but meh. 

I **** hate the general public.

Just now, Rodders said:

bankers, sub prime mortgages was all a cluster **** really. The one thing it definitely wasn't however, was anything at all related to labour spending. The single greatest political deception was tory strategists linking those two together. 

that wasn't what the OP said though , unless I've misread it  .. it just seemed to be blaming everything on Tory bankers  ..  I can possibly understand a line blaming Bankers , but they aren't Tory bankers  ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

The facts state otherwise. The last Labour Govt. was one of the most if not the most successful since the war. Unfortunately the Tory bankers **** it up on a global scale. My own favourite would be Clem Atlees Post War Govt. To build a Welfare State and NHS from the ashes of World War 2 was a quite magnificent achievement. Can't think of anything the Tories have done that even comes close to that . Give them enough time though, and they'll do their conniving best to destroy it.

Define successful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

Same people, same failed ideas, fair to expect the same results. 

And didn't Hollonde try the same approach in France very recently. Isn't he the most hated president of all time now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Yes Clement Atlee is the great pm of all time in my opinion 

Americas Poodle sending British troops to Korea  ;)

Edited by tonyh29

4 minutes ago, colhint said:

And didn't Hollonde try the same approach in France very recently. Isn't he the most hated president of all time now.

trump-gesture-photo.jpg?w=640&h=320

I'm guessing you meant French president :)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

it's like Westboro Baptist church in reverse with you trying to impose your will on your parents :)

Not at all.

She started the conversation by saying she thought Corbyn would win.

I said that would make me happy even though I didn't think he would win.

She asked me why and I told her.

Like I've always said, I'm not big into politics, and this is the first time I've felt anywhere close to passionate about it. But Inever try to impose my views on anyone. Firstly because I don't consider myself knowledgeable enough about it and secondly because it's **** annoying.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KHV said:

People still vote Conservative because Labour governments are complete disasters whenever they happen

1 hour ago, KHV said:

Labour have never been able to cost anything which is why they end up borrowing so much

Garbage.  Entrenched views - nothing about policy that you like.  Nothing factual in there, either.  Just garbage.

I **** hate the general public.

• Like 1

Whose the next Labour leader then 

Couple of reasonable options in Keir Starmer and Dan Jarvis - But I get the feeling it won't be either of those Rebbecca long-bailey and Emily Thornberry are more likley IMO.

Not that I expect Corbyn to stand down anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

Whose the next Labour leader then 

Couple of reasonable options in Keir Starmer and Dan Jarvis - But I get the feeling it won't be either of those Rebbecca long-bailey and Emily Thornberry are more likley IMO.

Not that I expect Corbyn to stand down anytime soon.

Chuka Umunna would be a decent call by them (not sure if he'd stand or blah blah blah).

It's interesting that so many anti-Labour people have entrenched views on events that happened in completely different times, approximately 40 years ago, under different people.

Why don't people care about what the parties are saying they will do?  Baffling.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Chuka Umunna would be a decent call by them (not sure if he'd stand or blah blah blah).

I don't get the fuss about him to be honest. Think he marked his card when he with his leadership attempt last time for no given reason.

• Like 1

Â