Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

5 hours ago, magnkarl said:

The vibe from Russia at the moment is that of Hitler in 1943 sending rockets to London out of spite for losing conventionally.

The missiles today hit very close to the Canadian embassy in Kyiv by the way. Let's hope for more Canadian assistance after this.

The strikes hit the German embassy according to Bild

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

He sent a diplomatic letter to the Ukrainian Embassy the other day claiming that Ukraine should cease and desist their attempt to invade Belarus.

It will be interesting to see what happens. It could be the end for Luka

He's been holding on by his fingertips for some time. Any attempt to now involve Belarus in this war will backfire on him I think. If Russian conscripts aren't running into the fray, then I doubt very much, Belarussians will be overly excited at the prospect. 

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

The strikes hit the German embassy according to Bild

Russia's defence ministry: All targets hit in massive missile strikes on Ukraine

Russia said the goals of the missile strikes had been achieved, in one of the largest coordinated Russian attacks against Ukraine since the first weeks of the war.

The guy's lost the plot. 

Just now, avfc1982am said:

He's been holding on by his fingertips for some time. Any attempt to now involve Belarus in this war will backfire on him I think. If Russian conscripts aren't running into the fray, then I doubt very much, Belarussians will be overly excited at the prospect. 

Is it a ploy to try and get Ukraine to send troops north, stretching them in the east and south? 

Just now, Genie said:

Is it a ploy to try and get Ukraine to send troops north, stretching them in the east and south? 

There's two TDF battalions stationed in Kovel and Sarny, which is more than enough to hold off Luka's rag tag band of untrained kids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

There is currently a 6km queue to leave Crimea via the bit of the Kerch Bridge that is still standing.

Insane country

I wouldn’t want to be parked up in a traffic jam in that bridge for too long.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

One thought I had re this Belarus nonsense…

Could Putin be preparing the ground for a Russian withdrawal from Ukraine “to defend our ally Belarus from a Nato attack”?

I really doubt Russia have any intention of leaving Ukraine anytime soon. Ukraine will have to force them out.   

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Ukraine don't have missiles that can travel that distance. 

It’s about 80 miles from the mainland if they can get to the coast. Saying that, the threat of it collapsing under the weight of the cars is real.

24 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I really doubt Russia have any intention of leaving Ukraine anytime soon. Ukraine will have to force them out.   

Ukraine *are* forcing them out, though. Then Putin needs an excuse for why he's been forced out. "We had to redeploy to a different front to defend our allies" might be more palatable internally than, "we got whooped by those Ukrainian Nazis".

But yeah just a thought, not based on any evidence... just struggling to understand what Putin gets out of this Belarus ploy!?

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s about 80 miles from the mainland if they can get to the coast. Saying that, the threat of it collapsing under the weight of the cars is real.

Russian Frontlines in Kherson are at the closest point to the Kerch Bridge and are approx 360km away. That means Ukrainian forces are further. They don't have weapon systems that fire that far. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Russian Frontlines in Kherson are at the closest point to the Kerch Bridge and are approx 360km away. That means Ukrainian forces are further. They don't have weapon systems that fire that far. 

In fact, I tell a lie. Zaporizhzhia frontlines are approx 250km from the Kerch Bridge but still too far for Ukraine to bomb it.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I bet they did a thorough safety check.

• Haha 1

Â