Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

EDIT: I posted in the wrong thread.  But, it will be interesting to see what the Ukrainians think of the potential (likely) loss of Boris as their major ally and friend. 

Edited by trekka

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

9 minutes ago, trekka said:

EDIT: I posted in the wrong thread.  But, it will be interesting to see what the Ukrainians think of the potential (likely) loss of Boris as their major ally and friend. 

He's nothing more than a figurehead. The UK isn't going to materially shift it's position. We might just shout less about it though. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's nothing more than a figurehead. The UK isn't going to materially shift it's position. We might just shout less about it though. 

Probably cost them less wasted time and money in security details when he turns up unannounced again :D

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, trekka said:

You think his replacement wouldn't do just as much grandstanding?! It's the easiest political win out there.

HIMARs are seemingly having a much larger effect for Ukraine than anyone thought. It’s time to ramp up the deliveries of these so Ukraine can beat Russia at their own silly artillery game.

You know the HIMARs are working because Putin’s been sabre rattling in several Russian media outlets today.

7 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

HIMARs are seemingly having a much larger effect for Ukraine than anyone thought. It’s time to ramp up the deliveries of these so Ukraine can beat Russia at their own silly artillery game.

You know the HIMARs are working because Putin’s been sabre rattling in several Russian media outlets today.

I presume it was the HIMARS systems that allowed them to take back ‘Snake Island’. 

19 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I presume it was the HIMARS systems that allowed them to take back ‘Snake Island’. 

Possibly, but it looks like they used their own long range 155 calibre system at least for the video. (Might just be PR) They have one prototype which can reach around 40k’s, and it is within range from the coast South of Odessa. The HIMARS are great for more active fronts as you can fire and move so quickly at a range very few Russian systems can match.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I’m beginning to think Putin might be a mad old cock.

A bit like a crook who eventually wants to be caught, I think he wants someone to kill him.

The rockets during G7, now this. He’s pulling the tigers tail big time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He's desperate. Just a sound byte for those back home. He's running out of modern weaponry and willing troops. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

He's desperate. Just a sound byte for those back home. He's running out of modern weaponry and willing troops. 

This clip was mentioned on the news last night and apparently someone from Russia  said it was only intended for an internal audience, not international.

• Like 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

They should make sure he absolutely is invited to the G20.

Face to face, toe to toe.

He was, he sent Lapdog, who stormed out when questioned on Ukraine

• Like 1

So Russians are banned from calling the special military operation a war but... according to the BBC, Putin mentioned the "war in Donbas" in remarks to parliamentary leaders on Thursday. Oops. He should really put himself in jail for some years.

I was also just reading about a very brave Moscow politician who has been jailed for seven years for speaking out against the war.

Â