Russia and its “Special Operation” in Ukraine

maqroll

Lots of videos of Ammo dumps blowing up overnight (inc everyones favourite Chornobayivka - 25th time now is the median guess)

Apparently thats 20 ammo dumps destroyed in the last 3 weeks

Here's one of the videos, a couple more in the thread below it

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1545308441299779584?s=20&t=ck-wT5TUqEQ2hCGfqjjZuA

• Like 2

• Replies 18.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bickster

• magnkarl

• Genie

• avfc1982am

22 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

"We haven't started"! Meanwhile in the Donbas Russian Soldiers be like 🏃‍♂️💥🏃‍♂️💥🏃‍♂️🥵💥🤮💥😭💥💥💥💥☠️

I would have thought Dr Tony would be more interested in Taiwan.

• Haha 1

The long range missiles seem to be doing their job against ruSSian ammunition dumps.  But they can only do that if the Ukrainians know where to target.  

It could be Special Forces, drone reconissance and the local population finding them.  But I suspect this success is mainly due to US intelligence gathering.  Putin isn't stupid. He must see that any escalation of the war into NATO territory would see a swift and brutal destruction of his army.  

4 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The long range missiles seem to be doing their job against ruSSian ammunition dumps.  But they can only do that if the Ukrainians know where to target.  

It could be Special Forces, drone reconissance and the local population finding them.  But I suspect this success is mainly due to US intelligence gathering.  Putin isn't stupid. He must see that any escalation of the war into NATO territory would see a swift and brutal destruction of his army.  

Russia are currently undergoing a strategic pause. Not because troops are knackered or because their low on munitions and supplies. Just because they're taking a well earned break over the hot weekend. 

Putin is full of shit. His army are stretched so much they cannot advance without abandoning other positions now. I think if Ukraine get their own act together things will start to reverse. Especially in the South. Putin is making such a bee line for the Donbas he's drove his army into the ground in the process. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

From what I'm reading its nothing that clever. See the translation from a DPR Blogger, most of them were listed in the Minsk Agreement in 2015

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

But that shows the ruSSian army is even more incompetent than I thought. 

Never over estimate their intelligence. You don't get the same airfield / ammo dump blown up at least 25 times with just sheer incompetence, there's a special level of stupidity reserved for that

32 minutes ago, bickster said:

Things may be afoot on the Kherson front

This was yesterday (She's a former advisor to Zelenskyy)

Now today this

I think Kherson will get pretty messy tbh. The civilian population are predominantly pro Ukraine and have been treated like shit by the invaders. Having to take Russian citizenship for food and supplies is horrendous from an occupying force apparently trying to win the hearts and minds of the population. 

Kherson is where I expect the civilian population to turn on the Russians once Ukrainian forces close in. 

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I think Kherson will get pretty messy tbh. The civilian population are predominantly pro Ukraine and have been treated like shit by the invaders. Having to take Russian citizenship for food and supplies is horrendous from an occupying force apparently trying to win the hearts and minds of the population. 

Kherson is where I expect the civilian population to turn on the Russians once Ukrainian forces close in. 

There's definitely a strong civilian resistance movement. That Kherson Cat account is someone living in Kherson risking his life just posting what he does and with great regularity

I suspect he's on a Russian hitlist or two

• Like 1

Strong troop movement from Ukraine towards the Dnipr just north of Kherson tonight according to accounts on the ground. Is this the start of the counter offensive? 

The free world is rooting for you Ukraine. Give the fascists hell.

• Like 2

Brazil's Bolsonaro says deal close to buy cheaper diesel from Russia

BRASILIA, July 11 (Reuters) - Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro said on Monday that a deal was close with Moscow to buy much cheaper diesel from Russia, in what would appear to be the latest tangible benefit stemming from his friendly relationship with President Vladimir Putin.

Bolsonaro, a far-right former army captain, gave no further details. Neither Bolsonaro's office, nor Brazil's Mining and Energy Ministry immediately responded to requests for comment.

"It makes sense and eventually could happen," a senior Economy Ministry official said on condition of anonymity, declining to give further details.

A senior official from state-run oil company Petroleo Brasileiro SA (PETR4.SA), or Petrobras, which supplies most fuel to the domestic market, told Reuters the idea was not surprising but raised concerns, without going into details.

High fuel prices have hurt Bolsonaro's re-election hopes ahead of an October vote, leaving him trailing in polls to leftist former leader Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva.

https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/brazils-bolsonaro-says-deal-close-buy-cheaper-diesel-russia-2022-07-11/

4 hours ago, sne said:

The high oil prices are screwing over a lot of governments at the moment. Could see a few governments changing in the next few months. Australia switched a few weeks back and the ‘cost of living crisis’ is ultimately what has done in Boris Johnson. Biden and the Democrats are about to get a kicking in November. Hopefully Bolsonaro gets the boot in October, I can see why he’s scrambling for cheaper oil.

Hopefully the West will supply the Ukraine with as many means as possible to finish the war quickly. Russia has a powerful weapon with natural resources and the Brazilian situation opens a door to others. Cheap fuel 🤔

Â