Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I think first and for most we need to add genuine pace to this team.

Left wing would seem the perfect place for this type of player too.

There were so many times last season where we would be breaking but unable to really take advantage due to the lack of options going forward. 

It would seem to fit with the way Bruce plays too

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I've seen a couple of Hull games on TV and in addition to 3 assists he created chances for others, not a world beater but then you have to remember the level we are playing at, would be fantastic in this division IMO.

Thanks mate.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

I think first and for most we need to add genuine pace to this team.

Left wing would seem the perfect place for this type of player too.

There were so many times last season where we would be breaking but unable to really take advantage due to the lack of options going forward. 

It would seem to fit with the way Bruce plays too

Andre Green?

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Flint would be a very good signing. 

Flint's o.k. Big lump who scores a load from corners but worry for me is Bristol City at this level over the last two years have conceded a shed load of goals so similar to Elphick coming from a Bournemouth team who were similar.

That said it makes sense to search for another aerially dominant CB as you get the best from Chester that way as he can step back and read the play and cut out the attacks.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Someone on that villa face group claims Abraham is a done deal. I don't believe that at all unless a striker is leaving

He's got interest from the Premier League I can't see us getting him unfortunately. 

23 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I have a feeling we'll see one or two surprise departures this summer. I think there'll be some deemed too mentally weak for a club of this size.

Me too. If someone comes in for Grealish at a decent fee I can see him going.

On 19.5.2017 at 10:27, BOF said:

So would you take John Terry if he was willing?

As long as he doesn't expect a ****** send off like yesterday.:crylaugh:

Just when you thought his ego couldn't get any bigger but a decent defender in his day.

22 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

As long as he doesn't expect a ****** send off like yesterday.:crylaugh:

Just when you thought his ego couldn't get any bigger but a decent defender in his day.

'a decent defender in his day' is doing him massive injustice. One of the best defenders in the world at his prime, easily.

1 hour ago, AVFC44 said:

'a decent defender in his day' is doing him massive injustice. One of the best defenders in the world at his prime, easily.

I think that one of the best in the world is pushing it now.

He was one of the best of his type of defender. The blood and guts type - put your head where you wouldn't put a foot and so on. However, there were many better defenders even when he was at his peak.

• Like 4

On 22/05/2017 at 12:24, Dante_Lockhart said:

Me too. If someone comes in for Grealish at a decent fee I can see him going.

The figures mentioned for Jack aren't worth selling. If he's a PL player you're looking at £20m as he's English. Patrick Roberts went to Man City for £12m without having played in the PL if we are offered about that we may aswell keep him as he is more than good enough to get into our team and can be a star in this league and we all know how much going up is worth. We need to add 3/4 quality 1st team players but saying that I can see us selling Kodija if we get a big offer. He isn't a team player as such and we are desperate to get a functioning team instead of a one man attack. I'd love him to stay and develop but get £20m+ and Abraham in on loan we'd arguably have a better team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

I think that one of the best in the world is pushing it now.

He was one of the best of his type of defender. The blood and guts type - put your head where you wouldn't put a foot and so on. However, there were many better defenders even when he was at his peak.

Well he was named PFA Players' Player of the Year in 2004/05 (the only defender to win the award since 92/93), UEFA Defender of the Year 3 times, UEFA Team of the Year 4 times and made the World Team of the Year 5 years on the bounce between 2005 and 2009. 

I think that his reputation off the pitch has glazed over the fact that he has been one of the best defenders of my generation. In my opinion anyway. :) 

• Like 1