Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

I still reckon Amavi's stock is quite high abroad due to him still being a France under 21 player and also highly rated from Nice.

To me he's the most obvious regular player we could sell for a decent amount and it wouldn't weaken us much at all as Taylor is a much more solid LB.

• Like 1

Yeah this is ok with me. We don't need huge amounts of cash. We need to clear the deadwood and then strengthen. I mean if we sold veretout for 8-10m alone that's about for the transfer kitty

• Like 1

Free agents in the summer.

Santi Cazorla  

Jesús Navas

Zlatan Ibrahimovic  

Yaya Touré

Sead Kolasinac

Mario Balotelli

Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting  

Pablo Zabaleta

Adrián

Lucas Leiva

Gaël Clichy

Evgen Khacheridi

Benoît Costil

Rachid Ghezzal

Fernando Torres

Hasan Ali Kaldirim

Adrian Mierzejewski

Nilmar

Mirko Vucinic  

Christian Noboa

Aleksandr Belenov

Bacary Sagna  

Charlie Taylor

Kai Havertz

Miguel Veloso

Player(s)AgeNat.Current clubMarket valueRumours

Charlie Taylor

Charlie Adam

Perparim Hetemaj

Abdou Traoré

André Castro

Gonzalo Rodríguez

Vurnon Anita

Tunay Torun  

Mehmet Ekici

Paul Baysse

Wayne Hennessey

George Boyd

Aurélien Chedjou  

Zoran Tosic

Martín Cáceres

Valentin Eysseric

Cheikh Ndoye

Chico

Bruno Ecuele Manga

Keisuke Honda

Vladislav Stoyanov  

Roman Emeljanov

Haris Seferovic

Federico Dionisi

Lots of big name players, none of whom will be interested to come here probably.

48 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

What are the penalties for breaking financial fair play? A transfer embargo would kill us if we got promoted.

McCormack, Tshibola and co are looking awful value all of a sudden.

Leicester and Bourmouth paid fairly big fines. I think that's all it is. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I still reckon Amavi's stock is quite high abroad due to him still being a France under 21 player and also highly rated from Nice.

To me he's the most obvious regular player we could sell for a decent amount and it wouldn't weaken us much at all as Taylor is a much more solid LB.

I think this is being overstated. He'll be recognised, just about in France, that's it. Not like he was on track to be the next Roberto Carlos. If we can get £5m for him then that's a good outcome IMO.

It seems that guy on TS a few weeks back saying the money has dried up, may not have been to far from the truth after all. 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

With the admission that we need to sell to buy and our limited transfer fund, it looks absolutely ridiculous that we didn't sell amavi in January 

Who has admitted this? It's nothing more than press speculation aka made up story. 

However yes it was bonkers not to sell Amavi in January for the sums mentioned though I don't for a second believe those figures, Tony made that up for some reasons best known to him. 

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

It seems that guy on TS a few weeks back saying the money has dried up, may not have been to far from the truth after all. 

It doesn't seem that at all. The nonesense article in the mirror (which has no quotes from the club) even states that it is down to FFP and not because Xia's money has dried up. 

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who has admitted this? It's nothing more than press speculation aka made up story. 

However yes it was bonkers not to sell Amavi in January for the sums mentioned though I don't for a second believe those figures, Tony made that up for some reasons best known to him. 

Well John Percy has a good track record with things villa related. 

And Xia this morning has said that if we sign players and fail to sell we will have problems with FFP. 

Doesn't seem pure speculation to me. 

48 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Leicester and Bourmouth paid fairly big fines. I think that's all it is. 

According to Bm it's more severe than that. You can get points deduction or even not be allowed to be promoted (which I think is absolutely ridiculous)

I have just read Dr Tony's tweets..

There appears to be an element of truth to these articles. Im actually happy that we are taking a sensible approach this summer.Too many players are being fed by this club and not contributing. 

My concern is that Xia believes that we need to strengthen 2/3 positions and Bruce believes that we need to add real quality to this squad.

We need real quality wingers.

A DM, GK and big man upfront..

Abrahams and Izzy Brown on loan, sell Kodja if we have to, buy Billing? and Wells from Huddersfield, if they don't go up , with the proceeds. Start buying some youngsters with potential, I think Bree and Hogan will turn out to be fine, but for me we need to replace Jed, who has been out Player of the Season imho, with a younger, more mobile player.

I'm not bothered if we haven't any money in the summer, id be surprised if we haven't, but if you think of all the players on loan, with some funds presumably coming in from them, then we will be fine.

24 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

According to Bm it's more severe than that. You can get points deduction or even not be allowed to be promoted (which I think is absolutely ridiculous)

I think that's a good thing - not ridiculous at all.

It's about time they clamped down on the ludicrous money in English football to be honest. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I think that's a good thing - not ridiculous at all.

It's about time they clamped down on the ludicrous money in English football to be honest. 

Yeah it's great only if premier league clubs adopted that too. They would never deduct Chelsea points or take away the title from them if they were in the red 

That's why I find it ridiculous 

Gil - 3 million
Amavi - 6-7 million
Tishbola -3 million
Gollini - 2million
Veretout - 8 million

Elphick - 2 million

Sanchez 2.5 million

By selling players we barely used.. we can raise 20 million. We already sold Sanchez so we have 3.5 millon to spend so far.

These three on loan:

Abraham

Johnstone

Izzy Brown  

Permant CB and DM.  7-10 million each. 

Sorted. 

------------------Johnstone--------------------

Bree --------Chester------NEW CB----Taylor

-------------------NEW DM----------------------

---------Hourihane----------Lansbury--------

-----Brown----------------------------Kodjia---

--------------------Abraham-------------------