vs Norwich (h)

vs QPR (h)

vs Burton Albion (a)

vs Reading (h)

vs Fulham (a)

vs Blue Scum (h)

vs Blackburn (a)

vs Brighton (h)

Given our recent form I think a good few of those are winnable, and I am feeling pretty positive about them. I think, with my claret and blue spectacles on slightly, we will be able to get a WWWDLWWL ... that is fairly optimistic, and complete speculation obviously, but I think doable and would give us 16 points, and thus a total of 67 points. I'd be interested to see what other think of the run in to the end of the season.

33 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

We now have our last eight games ahead of us, they are:

vs Norwich (h) - DRAW

vs QPR (h) - WIN

vs Burton Albion (a) - WIN

vs Reading (h) - DRAW

vs Fulham (a) - LOSE

vs Blue Scum (h) - WIN

vs Blackburn (a) - DRAW

vs Brighton (h) - LOSE (I imagine Brighton will have something to play for and we won't.)

Given our recent form I think a good few of those are winnable, and I am feeling pretty positive about them. I think, with my claret and blue spectacles on slightly, we will be able to get a WWWDLWWL ... that is fairly optimistic, and complete speculation obviously, but I think doable and would give us 16 points, and thus a total of 67 points. I'd be interested to see what other think of the run in to the end of the season.

12 points, 63 overall.  Probably finish 10th or 11th.

vs Norwich (h) - DRAW

vs QPR (h) - WIN

vs Burton Albion (a) - WIN

vs Reading (h) - DRAW

vs Fulham (a) - LOSS

vs Blue Scum (h) - WIN

vs Blackburn (a) - WIN

vs Brighton (h) - WIN

17/24 points.   Finish 9th.

3 hours ago, rubberman said:

Alternatively, on form we are top and facing 16th, 2nd, 14th, 15th, 10th, 20th, 5th and 11th.  With the most in form teams being QPR at home and Blackburn away.

Looks a bit more optimistic.

You're right, I think we can beat both QPR and Blackburn. Only think we might struggle against Brighton because they have been pretty good, and there's no guarantee they'll take their foot off the gas.

I suggest we take it game by game. IMO the televised game against Norwich earlier this year was the worst Villa performance I've ever seen in my 30 years as a Villa fan.

While I'm hoping and praying we still have a slim possibility at making the playoffs this year, I can't think past the Norwich game at the moment as I want us to maul them after what happened before.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Only one game on TV too so that's a bonus

Fulham, and shock horror it's away from home.  We've had 4 home games on TV this season compared to (what will be) 12 away from home :rant:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Simple

8 wins

No excuses

We finish where we finish.

Our season was lost twice

I demand to know what you think of Steve Bruce after each match whether we win or lose, but especially if we lose and I expect your thoughts to be submitted in a long list.

No excuses.

• Like 2