The Run In

alreadyexists

16 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

We still have a run in to the end of the season, it's just got a little bit tits up. Still think we'll get to over 65 points though... it'll be interesting finding out :) 

The next 2 games are harder than they should be now.  Firstly Reading getting absolutely mullered 7-1 at Norwich will want a reaction, and it's not like they were in bad form before that, plus more significantly we've a day's less rest than Fulham on Monday, as we will have played on the Saturday for reasons best known to those clearings in the woods at the FA.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

The next 2 games are harder than they should be now.  Firstly Reading getting absolutely mullered 7-1 at Norwich will want a reaction, and it's not like they were in bad form before that, plus more significantly we've a day's less rest than Fulham on Monday, as we will have played on the Saturday for reasons best known to those clearings in the woods at the FA.

The table doesnt lie

we are not as good as Reading, Norwich or Fulham as of now

as of next week?

as of next season?

Blind hope?

Just now, Grasshopper said:

The table doesnt lie

we are not as good as Reading, Norwich or Fulham as of now

as of next week?

as of next season?

Blind hope?

What are you on about?  "the table doesn't lie" and "as of now" are 2 completely separate statements.  'The table' is every game since August.  We beat Norwich 2 weeks ago. "As of now" we are a better side than Norwich.  Not only does our form say so, but a match against that very team says so too.  Blind hope indeed :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

What are you on about?  "the table doesn't lie" and "as of now" are 2 completely separate statements.  'The table' is every game since August.  We beat Norwich 2 weeks ago. "As of now" we are a better side than Norwich.  Not only does our form say so, but a match against that very team says so too.  Blind hope indeed :)

Ok then

please answer this

who has a better chance of 6th?

Norwich<-> Villa

Just now, Grasshopper said:

Ok then

please answer this

who has a better chance of 6th?

Norwich<-> Villa

I'll play your game if you play mine.

The answer to your overly-simplistic question is Norwich.

My turn.

What has happened to both of those clubs in the league since Steve Bruce took over at Aston Villa?

This is fun isn't it ? :) 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, BOF said:

I quite agree, plus with us realistically not having a chance of 6th means that we've less to play for... not that that should be an excuse at all, but it might just be in the backs of their minds. Hopefully not though.

For me now, I think next season has to be the focus now, so I'd like to see Bruce having a look at some fringe players and trying some stuff out, we have an invaluable set of competitive games that we can find a lot out about the players, what they can do and what they are comfortable with in terms of systems etc. We should be thinking of moving fast in the market in the summer and get what we need asap so we can have as long as possible together before the first game. To do that then we should be looking at giving everyone possible some time on the pitch and have a look and make our minds up. 

Bruce has sorted the back 4 out seemingly, but let's take the shackles off now and sod the results. 

I know we are playing sat for respect for church, but why didn't we play tonight if we had to play Monday as well? Or move mondays gane to tuesday. Seems really stupid to me. Luckily gulham game is not as vital now if it was this could have been absolutely stupid

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2017 at 11:52, alreadyexists said:

We now have our last eight games ahead of us, they are:

vs Norwich (h)

vs QPR (h)

vs Burton Albion (a)

vs Reading (h)

vs Fulham (a)

vs Blue Scum (h)

vs Blackburn (a)

vs Brighton (h)

Given our recent form I think a good few of those are winnable, and I am feeling pretty positive about them. I think, with my claret and blue spectacles on slightly, we will be able to get a WWWDLWWL ... that is fairly optimistic, and complete speculation obviously, but I think doable and would give us 16 points, and thus a total of 67 points. I'd be interested to see what other think of the run in to the end of the season.

So I predicted WWWDLWWL to give us a final total of 67 points.

So far we have WWDLLW?? to give us 61pts so if we win those last two we would be on 67 points. To be honest, I'm just really glad we got over 60 points, that feels like decent foundation to build on for next season.

We could finish as high as 8th if we win the last two games, and others lose their two... seems unlikely but possible. Even if we win only one of these two 64 points isn't bad considering that bad run in January and the spectacular draw-fest under RDM.