Champions League Draw Last 8

andykeenan

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

About the same as our three strikers cost us.... 

I suspect it'll be two or three times that - what did our three cost us, £35m?

If you're after Mbappe today, you're bringing £70m.

8 minutes ago, andym said:

3-1 Monaco, they are great fun to watch. So much pace across the team

Its such a shame that they'll inevitabky be mercilessly cherry picked to death by the European 'super powers' of football. 

• Like 1

Would love to see a Monaco-Atletico Madrid semi final. That would be the ultimate game of defence v attack. Plus I fear for all their outstanding play Monaco would freeze in a final.

I've fancied Juve from the start. Arguably the most balanced team in the tournament and not conceding a goal to Barca in 180 minutes shows how brilliant they are at the back.

A masterclass of defending by Juve but Messi didn't have his shooting boots on. Seem very reliant on Neymar now to make things happen. Suarez non existent. He's the one that has dipped more than the other two.

Hard to say who have the best defence Atletico or Juve. I think Real will win it again though.

Edited by PaulC

2 hours ago, andym said:

3-1 Monaco, they are great fun to watch. So much pace across the team

Monaco deserved the win, but TBH the damage was done for BVB in the first leg.

Someone tries to kill you then less than 24 hours later you have play a CL 1/4 final. That's football I suppose.

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

for the penalty? I thought that there was definitely contact made 

I can see why the ref gave it from his angle, Casemiro goes in recklessly. But Robbens right leg clearly trips over nothing, he just throws himself to the ground when nothing is stopping him going on. 

Then the second goal is obviously offside. The ref gets either if these decisions right and both Ronaldo goals are irrelevant anyway as there is no ET. Sure, you can point to the sending off, but Bayern would have had to score 2 goals in the last 5 minutes, there's nothing to suggest they would, really. 

Yes, Bayern were screwed in ET, there's no doubting that. But referee incompetence is the only reason they got to it. 

Edited by kurtsimonw

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Oh and what the ^%$£ is this about Real fans booing Ronaldo? I can't begin to get my head around that one.

Because it's Real, not Barça, who have the biggest set of rocket polisher fans on the planet.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Would love to see a Monaco-Atletico Madrid semi final. That would be the ultimate game of defence v attack. Plus I fear for all their outstanding play Monaco would freeze in a final.

I've fancied Juve from the start. Arguably the most balanced team in the tournament and not conceding a goal to Barca in 180 minutes shows how brilliant they are at the back.

I'm hoping for a Real-Monaco semi.  It gives Juve the best chance of getting to the final and I think I'd like a Juve-Real final.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

A Real v Monaco final would be best [attacking] football wise.

I think the way Juve handled Barça over 2 legs suggests their level of football would grace the final quite nicely. 

Â