Champions League Draw Last 8

andykeenan

I know people on here like Atletico and Simeone but I think they are a pretty nasty  club. Simeone trying to get ref to book Vardy for some innocuous challenge because he knows he would miss the 2nd leg. Then stop Marc Albrighton having water. Love Leicester to bet them 2-0

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I know people on here like Atletico and Simeone but I think they are a pretty nasty  club. Simeone trying to get ref to book Vardy for some innocuous challenge because he knows he would miss the 2nd leg. Then stop Marc Albrighton having water. Love Leicester to bet them 2-0

the same Vardy that got Nasri sent off in the last game or tried to wind up Bacuna last season to get him a red card

Vardy is a nasty little prick

• Like 2

Just now, Zatman said:

the same Vardy that got Nasri sent off in the last game or tried to wind up Bacuna last season to get him a red card

Vardy is a nasty little prick

It's possible for both things to be true though.

All English clubs have a minority of fans who look for trouble but the way the police waded into innocent bystanders was wrong and whilst you don't like Vardy it doesn't make Simoene right and not forgetting he was the nasty prick that got Beckham sent off for which he later admitted.

Wrong thread, but i see Turkish "fans" doing their country and it's eminent leader proud in Lyon.

Throwing bangers on the people in the stands below forcing them to flee onto the pitch.

dbc4e664-2cf9-46a3-ad39-319036b072fb?fit=crop&h=216&w=600&s=98b8822a3f4680975073b92fe1e5361deb37969f

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Without trawling though the euros thread and quoting myself, there are like 4 stewards for 60k people inside Lyons stadium, anything goes, it's clueless, they don't have stewards they pile in with riot police after the trouble it makes no sense

awesome stadium though

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Without trawling though the euros thread and quoting myself, there are like 4 stewards for 60k people inside Lyons stadium, anything goes, it's clueless, they don't have stewards they pile in with riot police after the trouble it makes no sense

awesome stadium though

And they gave the top tier to 20.000 away fans with tensions already high as they are.

3 days before the referendum in Turkey and with Erdogan fueling the nationalist feelings. Loads of Armenians living in Lyon...

This was always going to be terrible.

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

I just really respect their achievements over the last 6 years when you think they've sold Forlan, Costa, Mandzukic, Falcao etc in that time.

Simeone's just the same as a player, wants to win at all costs. It's just the way it is over there.

17 hours ago, PaulC said:

I just don't understand why a manager hasn't even got the decency to wait around around to shake the other managers hand.

He never does it in La Liga either, camera always on him at end of their league games and he runs straight down the tunnel home and away.

Again it's part of the different culture....managers shake hands pre match in Spain but not so much at the end unless they know each other.

When Mourinho was managing Inter Milan he'd go straight down the tunnel end of the game.

If Simeone ever manages in the prem (which I have my doubts) it's something he'd have to do as it's part of our football culture.

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I just really respect their achievements over the last 6 years when you think they've sold Forlan, Costa, Mandzukic, Falcao etc in that time.

Simeone's just the same as a player, wants to win at all costs. It's just the way it is over there.

Brian Clough once said to Don Revie "I want to win the league, but i want to win it better"  meaning he didn't want to win it through cheating and dirty play.. I respect what he has achieved at Atletico but give me the Klopp way anyday

Â