17/18 Promotion Charge

dont_do_it_doug.

Pullis is quoted in today's Daily Mail " Adama needs protection in both games, without a question of a doubt. He's been so good in the games leading up to it and we have found early on that he has been targeted. There have been free-kicks given against him and because it's early in the game, people have haven't been dealt with, and that is disappointing. We've brought in all these rules to protect people. Well I think the boy needs protecting at times." Getting in the ears of the referees before both legs typical of Pullis. He thinks we will be targeting Adama? Given that, I take it he won't be targeting Jack! If any player has been a victim of being targeted this season and is therefore in need of protection from match officials in these playoff games it is our Jack!

Edited by John
  • Thanks 1

After how Stoke played all those years for Pulis to talk about the need to protect players would be funny if it weren’t so hypocritical.

Also he seems to have forgotten that Adama was Red Carded against us so who dishes it out ?

Finally I hope the Ref DOES protect the ‘skill’ players.... they’ve got one and we’ve got 4 !

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, John said:

Pullis is quoted in today's Daily Mail " Adama needs protection in both games, without a question of a doubt. He's been so good in the games leading up to it and we have found early on that he has been targeted. There have been free-kicks given against him and because it's early in the game, people have haven't been dealt with, and that is disappointing. We've brought in all these rules to protect people. Well I think the boy needs protecting at times." Getting in the ears of the referees before both legs typical of Pullis. He thinks we will be targeting Adama? Given that, I take it he won't be targeting Jack! If any player has been a victim of being targeted this season and is therefore in need of protection from match officials in these playoff games it is our Jack!

Yeah I watched the press conference and this annoyed me too.

He was also begging the fans to come and buy tickets and they were a couple of thousand short of a sell out, that made me laugh.

6 hours ago, John said:

So far Jack must have been fouled more than the rest of the players on the pitch combined. :crylaugh:

• Like 2

Good solid away performance - ours for the taking on Tuesday - villa park will be rocking - well done to players , fans and staff . 

‘Bring it on :D

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Good solid away performance - ours for the taking on Tuesday - villa park will be rocking - well done to players , fans and staff . 

‘Bring it on :D

There were chances but there was a realisation tonight, that some players live in this occasion,  others bottle it (Traore ahem) - we were away but we were the better team, and all I wanted from this fixture was an advantage. Our fans will see this one over the line. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We can't put a second half performance like that in the second leg.

We were very lucky today.

I think its set up perfectly for us tuesday. A goal up isnt enough of a lead to let us get complacent yet puts us in control of the tie + we know we must improve on that 2nd half.

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Just no, that was all about protecting the result. 

Exactly. We weren't lucky. It was literally the entire point - shut up shop and protect the lead for the home leg.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

We've officially gone favourites for promotion.

It means nowt.

its all on the day......we know what we have to do.

its called in their language......doing the business.

we were not perfect, but professional.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

We've officially gone favourites for promotion.

No sh*t. The only  thing between us and no promotion is the players being complacent and uncaring. It's ugly stuff but what's happened with Bruce, and our older players, I honestly think we will ease this.