The Manager thread

Xela

So, by my reckoning it's Pardew's turn at Everton, Moyes turn to go to West Brom, with Allardyce to replace Hughes at Southampton next season after a poor start, so that Hughes can have a go at West Ham - with Pulis replacing Hodgson at Palace about xmas? Have I got that right?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MrDuck said:

So, by my reckoning it's Pardew's turn at Everton, Moyes turn to go to West Brom, with Allardyce to replace Hughes at Southampton next season after a poor start, so that Hughes can have a go at West Ham - with Pulis replacing Hodgson at Palace about xmas? Have I got that right?

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Lambert has left stoke by mutual consent

'Mutual consent'

"Paul, you did a pretty awful job but you seem a decent bloke and we don't want to embarrass you any further, we're letting you go but we'll allow it to be seen as a decision we reached together"

= 'mutual consent'

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So all the relegated sides dispose of their managers.

I'm calling it now stoke go for moyes

Moyes won't drop to the championship. Some premier league club will be dumb enough to sign him. 

21 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Moyes won't drop to the championship. Some premier league club will be dumb enough to sign him. 

I agree, he was saying recently that WHU didn’t seem to match his ambitions of managing in the top 8 (before he was released at the end of his contract).

It must be the only job in the world where you can be completely shit, cost the people that employ you millions/hundreds of millions. Get sacked as a result of this and be paid millions to leave and walk into another job doing exactly the same thing a few miles down the road.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

It must be the only job in the world where you can be completely shit, cost the people that employ you millions/hundreds of millions. Get sacked as a result of this and be paid millions to leave and walk into another job doing exactly the same thing a few miles down the road.

It is biggest financial scam i have seen

3 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

At the end of the day, 50% of managers finish in the bottom half of whatever league they're in, and clubs will sometimes feel that they need to employ someone who isn't a complete novice, so sacked managers will get jobs again. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Moore gets the Albion gig. Seems a decent chap but definitely the cheap option. 

They should have gone for Fat Sam

34 minutes ago, Xela said:

That’s good news for us if we don’t go up next week

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

It was no win for the chairman though, after how well he did with his few games. Bit like ‘Arry at small heath. 

Â