The Manager thread

Xela

West Ham trying their best to get Paulo Fonseca from Sjaktar Donetsk in.

Big hype for Portuguese managers atm.

The old British guard will have to settle for being stop gap replacements nowadays it seems.

Sure they are fine with that. No real pressure or expectations, no boring pre season or having to build a team.

But still getting payed like a proper manager. How sweet.

1 hour ago, sne said:

West Ham trying their best to get Paulo Fonseca from Sjaktar Donetsk in.

The old British guard will have to settle for being stop gap replacements nowadays it seems.

Sure they are fine with that. No real pressure or expectations, no boring pre season or having to build a team.

But still getting payed like a proper manager. How sweet.

Thats the clubs fault not the managers

21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Thats the clubs fault not the managers

Yeah.

Bring in foreign manager and the promise of a sexy brand of football, sack him 3/4 of the way through the season when relegation is a threat. Bring in a British manager for "back to basics" to escape the drop.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 2

Former West Ham, Portsmouth and Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has said he would like a return to management.

The 71-year-old has been out of the game since being sacked by Birmingham City in September.

Redknapp, speaking to BBC Radio Solent to mark 10 years since Pompey's FA Cup win, said: "I could still do it. I still feel as good as ever and I wouldn't have a problem doing it.

"Given the opportunity to go in and build a team, I know I'd do well."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44109670

Oh Christ, hasn't he pilferred enough money out of the game?

5 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"Given the opportunity to go in and completely fail but earn a couple of million quid in 3 months, I know I'd do well."

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sne said:

Latest must have accessory for clubs. Like big African midfielders. 

On 14/05/2018 at 17:09, Zatman said:

Tuchel vs Neymar and Alves.

Will end badly as he seems to fight with boards

There's strong talk that Neymar and Alves will both be gone this summer. No loss. 

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

classic Pulis tonight, chasing a game and takes a striker off then puts another striker on the wing. 

A centre back Shotton playing at full back. Pulis 101.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Allardyce gone.

I think that's three teams he taken over (Newcastle, West Ham, Everton), noticeably improved them, and then been sacked by way of thanks. Understand people might not like his style of play, but it's not as if they didn't know his style when they hired him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrDuck said:

I think that's three teams he taken over (Newcastle, West Ham, Everton), noticeably improved them, and then been sacked by way of thanks. Understand people might not like his style of play, but it's not as if they didn't know his style when they hired him.

In this case I think he was brought in to do a specific job, and he did that.

But the owners don't see him as someone to build for the future with. And Everton are rebuilding in a big way this season.

There are similarities with Villa and Bruce IMO. But let's not jinx anything.

14 hours ago, Zatman said:

classic Pulis tonight, chasing a game and takes a striker off then puts another striker on the wing. no ambition

Given how much he used to mention us when he was at sandwell town, I was quite disappointed with the lack of bitterness in his post match interview last night ?

Edited by mottaloo

Â