The Manager thread

Xela

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

MOntreal manager looked familiar then i realised was Remi Garde. I can see they are near bottom of MLS so nothing has changed

Brilliant manager, just got a raw deal at Montreal. With the right backing he'd be one of the best ?

• Haha 1

The money in  the PL makes it possible for the clubs to bring in top level managers.

I'd hate for us to go through this struggle to get back there and then bring a knife to a gun fight.

1 minute ago, sne said:

The money in  the PL makes it possible for the clubs to bring in top level managers.

I'd hate for us to go through this struggle to get back there and then bring a knife to a gun fight.

This is a league that finished with Lambert, Moyes, Darren Moore, Hughes. Hardly top level

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is a league that finished with Lambert, Moyes, Darren Moore, Hughes. Hardly top level

Panic appointments brought in during season because of lack of options. And now they are deemed surplus requirement except Moore who will get a shot in the Championship.

No ambitious club would go into the season with this lot.

All I'm saying is that it will be immensely difficult and we need all the advantages we can get. Having as good a manager as our money can buy is a very good start. IMO.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Panic appointments brought in during season because of lack of options. And now they are deemed surplus requirement except Moore who will get a shot in the Championship.

No ambitious club would go into the season with this lot.

All I'm saying is that it will be immensely difficult and we need all the advantages we can get. Having as good a manager as our money can buy is a very good start. IMO.

Some of these "panic appointments" worked. Big Sam, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Roy Hodgson.

Just now, Genie said:

Some of these "panic appointments" worked. Big Sam, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Roy Hodgson.

Still, lets hope we don't have to make one.

Just now, sne said:

Still, lets hope we don't have to make one.

Premier League seems to be 3 groups.

1) Man City

2) The other 5-6 teams fighting over the European spots

3) Everyone else who could get relegated.

What do you expect from Villa if we are promoted? Realistically we'll be in that third group. Unless we'll getting cut off by Christmas then we shouldn't be changing manager.

• Like 2

Just now, Genie said:

Premier League seems to be 3 groups.

1) Man City

2) The other 5-6 teams fighting over the European spots

3) Everyone else who could get relegated.

What do you expect from Villa if we are promoted? Realistically we'll be in that third group. Unless we'll getting cut off by Christmas then we shouldn't be changing manager.

No doubt we'll be in group 3.

Hopefully thou it will be more than just survival that is the aim next season should we go up.

Building a new squad, develop our existing players and building a foundation for how to play and progress long term. And so on.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

No doubt we'll be in group 3.

Hopefully thou it will be more than just survival that is the aim next season should we go up.

Building a new squad, develop our existing players and building a foundation for how to play and progress long term. And so on.

I hope we do more than survive, but I think realistically it will be the goal, survive at any cost. Then push on in the following season(s).

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I hope we do more than survive, but I think realistically it will be the goal, survive at any cost. Then push on in the following season(s).

Survival while laying the foundation for future seasons would be my goal.

11 minutes ago, sne said:

Survival while laying the foundation for future seasons would be my goal.

I’d say that’s probably the goal for all clubs in that third group. 

• Like 2

So one of my favorites for the Villa job back in the day Lucien Favre takes over at Dortmund.

Good luck to him, been a turbulent couple of years there.

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

I’d say that’s probably the goal for all clubs in that third group. 

It's also a very unlikely goal to achieve. It's hundreds of times more likely for any team in group 3 to get relegated than to break into the top 6. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's also a very unlikely goal to achieve. It's hundreds of times more likely for any team in group 3 to get relegated than to break into the top 6. 

Maybe not hundreds of times, but yes - more likely than teams fail than are successful. I guess it would depend on what the foundations are. 

Â