The Manager thread

Xela

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I assume Kompany got the job because he can speak German. That's the only thing I can think of...

I think it's because he'll be a cheap option to sack next summer when klopp decides it's time to come back 

The current state of the new manager market is looking poor overall. Makes me so glad we got Unai Emery when we did. We are set for the future while all around us clubs are drowning in uncertainty. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Nobody wants to work with Kane, he's a jinx. 

Southgate must be kicking himself. The chance to work with his perfect defensive partnership of Kane and Dier doesn't come up very often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I think it's because he'll be a cheap option to sack next summer when klopp decides it's time to come back 

Or Glasner's stock has dropped enough to pay less compo.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Klopp wont last 6 weeks at Bayern. He wont risk his reputation on it

19 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

Yet Tuchel has lasted? 

Klopp wont have any power compared to Liverpool and Dortmund and he will run into much bigger egos in management roles

5 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Birmingham city interested in heckingbotham 

'Hecking botham' is where I hope they finish in the league next season. 

• Haha 1

Man United in talks with Kieran McKenna according to Sky?

Let it happen, he wouldn't last half the season. You need a big name in there to manage Rashford, never mind the rest of the Egos.

55 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Rooney to Plymouth

Plymouth to League One 

I have a feeling he will do well there

The fans wont have the same expectations that the oily blosers do.

Also they can attract some high profile players for a club like Plymouth that ve freat for them

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling he will do well there

The fans wont have the same expectations that the oily blosers do.

Also they can attract some high profile players for a club like Plymouth that ve freat for them

Argyle fan's do not want Rooney. 

The vote on their main forum has only 22% saying yes and 60% saying no.

I see them live a few times a year and the thought of Rooney does not entice. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Argyle fan's do not want Rooney. 

The vote on their main forum has only 22% saying yes and 60% saying no.

The remaining 18% saying "shiver me timbers"

;) 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I know Kompany is seen as a bit of a joke  but there has to be a reason why he's been on the shortlist for these jobs. 

It's probably his philosophy and something that could transfer better to a better side. I watched Burnley a few times this season and they played some really nice football but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

He was also very stubborn with his team selections. Not saying he is a good manager or he will do well but these clubs have smart people and must see something in him. 

3 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

It's probably his philosophy and something that could transfer better to a better side. I watched Burnley a few times this season and they played some really nice football but repeatedly shot themselves in the foot. 

Unwilling to compromise on his style at all, in the face of the evidence it wasn't working, which has two possibly explanations really, he's just not got very much about him and didn't know how to change it, or he was more interested in promoting his brand of football, and bollocks to what it means for Burnley's chances

Â