The Manager thread

Xela

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Potter rejecting the Ajax job for second time in the season.

What on earth is he waiting for given he's been overlooked for all the prem jobs available.

Small Heath

I think it is quite admirable that Liverpool have employed a manager that if you say his name fast enough  also or after you’ve had a few drinks it sounds very similar to the current departing manager

Think Brighton will be happy to see the back of De Zerbi. Good coach, did a lot of good, but the consistent drama this last season was a major hurdle for them this year. I'd imagine De Zerbi is heading to Juve, seems like a natural fit.

I'll be happy to see the back of him too. One less challenger. Wonder if they try to get Potter back?

• Like 1

De Zerbi two weeks ago

"We're going to speak with Tony [Bloom, the Brighton owner]," he said. "I think I would like to stay in Brighton because I love my players. I love this city. I love my club, my fans.

"I said in the meeting with the fans, if I'm happy, there isn't any club can bring myself to change a team but I want to keep my passion always."

11 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Mutual consent.

This was obvious. De zerbi's stock is still high and is being linked with top jobs. If he stays at Brighton another year I think they will struggle again and he won't be shortlisted for the big club vacancies any more.

On 18/05/2024 at 16:47, HalfTimePost said:

I think De Zerbi will be at Bayern

One hell of an agent if he does 

Can see man utd appointing him

Bit surprised Brighton let him go rather than wait for someone to pay for him 

On 18/05/2024 at 15:38, wishywashy said:

Mutual consent.

By all accounts the and Tony Bloom have fallen out over the summer transfer budget.

Klopp "everybody is overspending, we didn't"

Also Klopp...

Broke the world record transfer fee for a goalkeeper

Broker the world record transfer fee for a defender

Made a world record transfer offer for a midfielder

Spent £90m on a striker

De Zerbi 100% has something lined up. Nobody walks away from multi-million pounds PL contracts unless they have something more lucrative to go to.

My guess is Man United, and it hasn’t been announced yet for obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

De Zerbi 100% has something lined up. Nobody walks away from multi-million pounds PL contracts unless they have something more lucrative to go to.

My guess is Man United, and it hasn’t been announced yet for obvious reasons. 

Is 3 big jobs available in Italy. Napoli, Milan and Juve and he played for 2 of them. Bologna in Champions League might tempt him and has good owners

Just now, Zatman said:

Is 3 big jobs available in Italy. Napoli, Milan and Juve and he played for 2 of them. Bologna in Champions League might tempt him and has good owners

Fair point, but with those vacancies why not announce him right away? That’s my thinking behind the link to United. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Fair point, but with those vacancies why not announce him right away? That’s my thinking behind the link to United. 

Season isnt over yet though Allegri is only one to leave

• Like 1

Â