Neil Taylor

One For The Road

21 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I fail to see how making a bad tackle can turn you into a shit player or affect your subsequent performances at all. One of two things have happened IMO, 1. He was never any good or 2. He doesn't like being at Villa or is no longer focused on his career as a footballer and is accepting his decline in ability/focus/appetite for the game now that he's nearly 30. It's probably a bit of both.

All resonable points, but his performances for club and country have been negatively affected since that incident. He was never great, but by the same token he at least resembled a football player before that. 

We need to sign a 'first choice' Left Back who is good enough to be an automatic fixture in a defence that needs to play together every match.

Unfortunately if Bree gets his chance and isn't convincing, we may need a LB, RB and at least one CB in January.

An effective and organised back four comprised of fit, hungry, lean machines with sell on values .... It's over to you Suso and DS. ?

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

I fail to see how making a bad tackle can turn you into a shit player or affect your subsequent performances at all. One of two things have happened IMO, 1. He was never any good or 2. He doesn't like being at Villa or is no longer focused on his career as a footballer and is accepting his decline in ability/focus/appetite for the game now that he's nearly 30. It's probably a bit of both.

I agree.

I think he was shit before that incident. It's just that people are looking for an explanation as to why he turned shit and that roughly fits the timeline.

He's just not a very good player and never has been. He's been ok defensively in the past but he's not even that anymore.
I remember him scoring at Swansea and it was his only goal for hundreds of games. And it's obvious why. Going forward or generally with the ball at his feet he is appalling

• Like 2

On 23/10/2018 at 21:36, rodders0223 said:

He's taking the piss isn't he? Looks in absolute crap shape .4 and half year deal. I wish i was a footballer. It's easy.

Can't even do the absolute basics you expect from a league 2 player.

:bang:

I don't think he has been great in any way, but not that bad either. I think he has showed over the last games that he is an ok left back at this level. I actually think his passing is quite good and that he is contributing to the improvement in our passing play. At times where our other defender would have just koncked it away, he tries to find a pass and quite often succeeds with it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I don't think he has been great in any way, but not that bad either. I think he has showed over the last games that he is an ok left back at this level. I actually think his passing is quite good and that he is contributing to the improvement in our passing play. At times where our other defender would have just koncked it away, he tries to find a pass and quite often succeeds with it.

This is what I thought. Only his poor play will get remembered as he has been so poor for so long he needs a stand out good performance to redeem himself.

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He just isn't good enough.

Has to be offloaded once another LB has been signed.

Zero chance of that happening, a player deemed not good enough for the PL, in and out of a side, has dropped a level and we've given him a better contract than he could ever have dreamt of.

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Good game today. Well done.

Meh, he wasn't great in the first half and in the second half he just did what you would expect from a normal run of the mill full back. By his standards though it was his best game for us since he joined. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

Meh, he wasn't great in the first half and in the second half he just did what you would expect from a normal run of the mill full back. By his standards though it was his best game for us since he joined. 

Well considering his apparently the worst player in our squad surely you should be happy with his performance today? 

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

Got better as the game went on tonight.  Seems to be growing in confidence.  I hope it continues.  We need it to.

Exaxtly this. You can literally see the confidence retuning. He’s been playing like a frightened child for way too long.

• Like 1

Â