Birkir Bjarnason

Barney_avfc

C3ApO0kWEAAWSPc.jpg:large

2 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Ahhh thought this was real for a minute, then I noticed the photoshop net!  I prefer this version to the one above. :D

Would there be anything else to alert you to the fact this is fake? Perhaps a couple of clues on both sides of the torso?

23 minutes ago, Barney_avfc said:

First Interview 

Seems like a nice chap, and has some good experience under his belt. I think signing a player from a team in the champions league and who won their league last year is a bit of a coup. Any one up on swiss football? How much did he contribute there last season? 

Wow, he was really impressive at the Euros. Pleasantly surprised that we have been able to land him, would have thought some (bottom half) premier league sides would have been in for him. He appears to be a blood and thunder type of player, something we have lacked for years. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Seems like a nice chap, and has some good experience under his belt. I think signing a player from a team in the champions league and who won their league last year is a bit of a coup. Any one up on swiss football? How much did he contribute there last season? 

There's a reply on the Facebook post announcing his arrival from a guy called Fabien Seiler who says: "As a FC Basel fan, I am kind of sad he is going. Because he is very strong in the midfield area and has a good ball protection. Scored a lot of goals for a midfielder as well. Wish him good luck at Aston Villa!"  Not sure that tells us much more than we already knew but...

• Like 2

Â