James Bree

Barney_avfc

In my view Bree struggled with Leeds physicality in the box today. There might be some games where he can play CB. Where we are likely to dominate possession for example, but under the pressure of their play, including their ability from set pieces, he was up against it. As mentioned by others, would definitely give him an extended chance at RB. Elmohamody was disappointing in defence yesterday. Our defensive issues are created by lack of CB cover. Got to be a key area for January

12 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Revan?

Possibly mate, I must confess I have not seen the guy play once so I couldn't really say to put him in, I know that you have much more knowledge of the guys coming through so do you think he's ready for the step up?

Was yesterday too big a game for him? Smith said in his pre match interview that he thought about picking him. 

5 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Possibly mate, I must confess I have not seen the guy play once so I couldn't really say to put him in, I know that you have much more knowledge of the guys coming through so do you think he's ready for the step up?

Was yesterday too big a game for him? Smith said in his pre match interview that he thought about picking him. 

He’s a very good centre back, he has all the attributes, he’s only just turned 18. I think he could be ready, he’s that good

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s a very good centre back, he has all the attributes, he’s only just turned 18. I think he could be ready, he’s that good

Asked on another forum but what's happened with Jacob Bedeau? Obviously with SGC I'm expecting he's brilliant type reply but he seems forgotten about.

Facts are we signed him for 900k so a fair bit of money and not far off what we paid for Bree yet he dosen't seem to be talked about as potential option. He was playing for Bury at 16 in league one. His contract is also up end of season (signed two and a half year deal in Jan 2017). Actually his Birthday today (19).

Of course still young but I'd have thought he'd have been more down the development line than Revan.

Suliman btw has barely played on loan for those still hoping he can make it here.

I haven't really seen anything from him to get me clambering for his inclusion.

That said Axel was much better when moved to his natural position and players do need a run in the team, I know.

My only doubt is....years gone players were outstanding in the reserves and WON their place in the team, It was no decision to make really, the player forced the managers hand...that's the way around I liked it, reward for good play.

Now its more like no one else is any good, so throw him in and take your chance, hey he could be ok.

Hardly, proactive is it?

I don't know.....I am so pissed off with our defence, I'd play the first big blokes that come through the turn stiles.....at least they would get their bodies in the way.

20 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Asked on another forum but what's happened with Jacob Bedeau? Obviously with SGC I'm expecting he's brilliant type reply but he seems forgotten about.

Facts are we signed him for 900k so a fair bit of money and not far off what we paid for Bree yet he dosen't seem to be talked about as potential option. He was playing for Bury at 16 in league one. His contract is also up end of season (signed two and a half year deal in Jan 2017). Actually his Birthday today (19).

Of course still young but I'd have thought he'd have been more down the development line than Revan.

Suliman btw has barely played on loan for those still hoping he can make it here.

Bedeau is very good, no doubt about that, he’s still around, plays for the u23s. I thought he would’ve been picked ahead of Revan because Bedeau is nearly a year older than him and we paid a fee for Bedeau but I’m just a fan, both are very good centre backs

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

MOTM for the swansea match for me. He was so dominant. Swansea had zero chances from open play that worried me. Still think he is a right back, but this is really great to see. Keep playing him Dean. 

How tall is bree?

Â