Gareth Southgate

Richard

11 hours ago, tinker said:

I can't see this happening, he will revert to type. He's had a chance to be more expansive against Croatia and Italy and chose to stay defensive and nick a goal despite needing to score and us looking terrible (second half of both games).

Bellingham coming to the fore is the best thing that has happened . Because it means gareth really cannot drop him. This makes it more difficult for him to be cautious. Who is he going to drop instead ?  Saka ? No chance 

At worst we will have phillips sliding in next to Rice , and Bellingham playing the Mount role . 

Lets hope that him playing 433 again tonight means he has realised you have to give a little defensively in order to win . 

• Like 2

Clueless moron. Anything positive England do is in spite of him. Disgrace the FA have gone five years without a manager for the national side.

It was hard to fail last year and he did. Tim Sherwood or Steven Gerrard would have won the Euros with that England squad.

Edited by Tomaszk
  • Like 2

Oh no! Not only is he rubbish, he has somehow been involved in shutting down the Bashundora in Sutton:

‘Lucky Gareth Southgate World Cup omen’ found at popular Sutton Coldfield restaurant closure clearout

Financial advice business owner Mike Jordan found a smiling photo of England boss Gareth Southgate holding the League Cup aloft from his Aston Villa days and hopes he will have another cleaming trophy in his hands in Doha, Qatar on December 18

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/lucky-gareth-southgate-world-cup-25587995

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Getting flashback to the dark Gerrard days.

Yeah, I don't have any personal dislike for Southgate but it does kinda feel like how it did when we had Gerrard. Just putting a bunch of good players out on the pitch and hoping one of them does enough to get us some points.

But he's got no answers if that doesn't happen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Yeah, I don't have any personal dislike for Southgate but it does kinda feel like how it did when we had Gerrard. Just putting a bunch of good players out on the pitch and hoping one of them does enough to get us some points.

But he's got no answers if that doesn't happen.

I do.

But he is also a very shit manager.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Oh we draw a game and he's back to rubbish again. He was right picking maguire because we would have lost but for him 

How we drew that game yeah too right he's back to being rubbish again

That was shit and a huge reason for that was how he set us up

Â