Gareth Southgate

Richard

Gareth Southgate to Man Utd: Why there are concerns around the England boss' links to Old Trafford | Football News | Sky Sports

Found this to be a hilariously biased piece of journalism. Going on and on about how Southgate has been able to change the culture, creating a relaxed environment with players smiling when they arrive at camp. There is one paragraph, at the end of the piece, about one of his minor faults and the piece is literally called "why there are concerns". Extraordinary.

Would absolutely love it if he became Man utd manager. 

16 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

Gareth Southgate to Man Utd: Why there are concerns around the England boss' links to Old Trafford | Football News | Sky Sports

Found this to be a hilariously biased piece of journalism. Going on and on about how Southgate has been able to change the culture, creating a relaxed environment with players smiling when they arrive at camp. There is one paragraph, at the end of the piece, about one of his minor faults and the piece is literally called "why there are concerns". Extraordinary.

Would absolutely love it if he became Man utd manager. 

I keep hearing all these positives, about changing culture and making a happy enviroment. I guess the only negative is, he's shit coach, which I guess is a pretty big one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what i dont get about the whole changed the culture stuff is that he also magically managed to do it outside of the england set up...

it wasnt whatsapp, or holidays in dubai, or success at youth level and these guys playing together for years, or the increasing level of superstardom and money leading to footballers becoming more insular within their own groups and lifestyle

it was all gareth southgate 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

what i dont get about the whole changed the culture stuff is that he also magically managed to do it outside of the england set up...

it wasnt whatsapp, or holidays in dubai, or success at youth level and these guys playing together for years, or the increasing level of superstardom and money leading to footballers becoming more insular within their own groups and lifestyle

I also suspect that the retirement of that old bastard Ferguson had as much of a role to play as Southgate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That you jock? 

Mason Mount has a VT account! 

• Like 1

Anyone else think this sounds like there's actually something to these rumours?

'“I’m the England manager,” he said. “I’ve got one job: to try and deliver a European Championship. Manchester United have a manager and it’s disrespectful to be talking about speculation. I’m the president of the LMA. I have nothing to say.”

Southgate added. “If we did something, a contract, here before everybody would be saying, ‘why are you signing a contract before a Euros where you’ve got to prove yourself?’ I’m certainly not going to speak to anybody else ahead of that. I never have. I’ve been eight years in the job. I wouldn’t entertain speaking to anybody else when I’m in the job.”'

from: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/mar/22/gareth-southgate-bemoans-england-injury-crisis-with-kane-unlikely-to-play

• Like 1

No, still think he'll sign an extension and there will be a load of guff about how we're lucky to have such a great in demand manager who was wanted by elite clubs but chose England 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nobody at United would run through brick walls and he inspired by Gareth **** Southgate. He's a complete gimp.

Mason Mount 

20 hours ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair too, in lot of games, I feel the team could play alot better. Many times I've seen quite a few players stroll around the pitch like the game means nothing, an Southgate just watching them. Even Kanes had a few lazy games but never brought off. 

Â