Gareth Southgate

Richard

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He definitely deserves some credit for prioritising that kind of cultural change, though I'm unsure how much was really down to him - I think the other significant change was the end of the Fergie/Wenger/Mourinho era of genuine hostility between the players at a club level. No amount of sitting around the national team campfire holding hands and singing kumbaya was undoing the hostile culture driven by the club managers with the previous generation of players, IMO.

Yeah, he does deserve credit.

It also shows that the FA should have made him the Player Liaison Officer and employed a proper manager to manage the team.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, luckyeddie said:

Yeah, he does deserve credit.

It also shows that the FA should have made him the Player Liaison Officer and employed a proper manager to manage the team.

I dislike him and I agree with this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Very funny video IMO. 

'Throughout my whole life, I would be watching Match of the Day, and there might be a player who's playing for West Ham or Newcastle, who week in week out is on the highlights, and you go - and even the pundits and even the commentators will say - 'he'll be knocking on the door for an England call up', and Bobby Robson, Graham Taylor, Kevin Keegan, Terry Venables, Glenn Hoddle, Sven-Goran Eriksson, they'd pick them. We now have a manager that's ignoring that!'

Yes, well, when you put it like that and compare what we're doing to the incredible successes of Graham Taylor and Glenn Hoddle . . . I have to say you're right, and this is criminal!!!!!! 

Lol. 

I think there's something to 'rewarding' a 28 year old or maybe even a 30 year old with his first cap as a congratulations and a reward and it's something I've always enjoyed seeing.

Under Southgate though you've got no chance. He'll call up the 21 year old from Chelsea who's played 7 games and been on loan 81 times in 2 years.

He's an utter Representative for Wellingborough.

You see it now with stories of MON and Redknapp and they're "great guys" " man managers" "motivators"

The truth comes out...if you're one of their "guys" you're golden, if you're not in the circle you're dead to them.

He's an utter Representative for Wellingborough.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I think there's something to 'rewarding' a 28 year old or maybe even a 30 year old with his first cap as a congratulations and a reward and it's something I've always enjoyed seeing.

I don't see the point I'm afraid. 

3 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

I'm Irish so I'm an outsider looking in, but I have an opinion. England do have great players I think, but this guy is not utilising the players he has available to him. Clearly has his favourites who are underperforming each week for their clubs. 

I hate to say this but England can win something with these some of the players in the squad with some not getting a look in, Southgate needs to go and his favourites to go with him. You need a good attacking coach, mightn't go down well with the die hards but I think England should abroad for a new head coach.

Yes he got to semi final and a final as some would say, but a better coach would have won those games with those players and not shoe horn players in the first 11.

Is this your formal application for the job?

Its a yes from me.

Honestly, I detest this manager. Why not start Konsa and Watkins if qualification is already achieved. It was the perfect setting to see what they could add to this England team, instead, we get the usual suspects. It was dreadful football and many of us know deep down, come the Euros, as soon as the pressure ramps up, once again, we'll fall short. 

I don't care how many goals Kane scores, I would still have my doubts if again, push come to shove. We are the new Belgium, awash with talent,  but no manager with the nous to create a team that realistically should be well capable of winning a tournament. 

• Like 1

For all the gs apologists I have one question - if he quits at the end of the season, which prem team's fans will welcome him with open arms as their new manager?

I honestly can't think of a single place where he'd been seen as am upgrade.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They did say last night he's now given 60 players an England debut which does feel pretty nuts and goes against the idea that he has his favourites (which he quite obviously does) 

He'll give them 10 or 15 minutes at the end of a game, then say they didn't do anything and never pick them again.

• Like 2

Â