Gareth Southgate

Richard

28 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Harry Kane - moves abroad to one of the European powerhouses in Bayern Munich. Southgate drops him for a nothing friendly, not even bringing him on as sub.

Jordan Henderson - moves abroad to a a farmers league equivalent to the conference league in a country with despicable human rights issues. Southgate not only picks him for a nothing friendly but makes him captain.

He really is a two faced hypocrite.

No Gareth, they aren't booing Jordan, they're booing your ridiculous stance on picking him. He, like Maguire in recent internationals, is bearing the brunt for your pig-headed stubborn stance.

Haven't we all been calling for him to stop playing Kane in pointless friendlies tbf? And protect him as the amount of times he plays 80 - 90 minutes in dead games has been unreal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Haven't we all been calling for him to stop playing Kane in pointless friendlies tbf? And protect him as the amount of times he plays 80 - 90 minutes in dead games has been unreal.

That's my point. What are we going to learn from playing Henderson anymore?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

Harry Kane - moves abroad to one of the European powerhouses in Bayern Munich. Southgate drops him for a nothing friendly, not even bringing him on as sub.

Jordan Henderson - moves abroad to a a farmers league equivalent to the conference league in a country with despicable human rights issues. Southgate not only picks him for a nothing friendly but makes him captain.

He really is a two faced hypocrite.

No Gareth, they aren't booing Jordan, they're booing your ridiculous stance on picking him. He, like Maguire in recent internationals, is bearing the brunt for your pig-headed stubborn stance.

It's stubbornness. That's also why he keeps picking Maguire. He's been (rightly) getting criticism for continuing to pick those two so he's doing it to prove a point. It was the same with not picking Grealish years ago - he only called him up eventually because the public pressure got too great.

46 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

My theory is because he knows he is playing in a league lower standard than league 2 and needs the games.

Notice he suddenly rests Maguire now he kicks a ball once for United.

He uses the England team to get donkeys match sharpness. It's scandalous.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I think it’s because he got criticised for moving to Saudi and Southgate is trying to show “look, he can still play”. 

The reason he is stubborn is because he is a one trick pony. Play all the players who came through with him. He is unable to properly manage other players because he lacks the ability and experience. If he had to be given the job, his shelf life was 4 years maximum.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

It's an absolute disgrace that he picks Henderson

It's an absolute disgrace that he plays Henderson and makes him captain

It's an absolute disgrace that he then criticises fans for booing Henderson.

Are you sure you're not understating that all a bit? 😉

Edited by Marka Ragnos

We have enough attacking talent to field two teams.

Should go full mega press, and be moving forward quickly every time in attack. At 60 mins, five of the players might be dying on their feet but we could still sub on fresh quality attackers.

We'd rip teams apart and it'd be fun to watch.

I just heard Southgate's comments in playing Henderson (and, by extension, McGuire). I think he’s lost the plot. It’s like on Football Manager when you do well and sign so many superb players that you simply can’t accommodate them in your team. You end up just reverting to the old boys, rather than trying to build.

He looks increasingly isolated and ridiculous. I say this as someone who respects his achievements as England coach and what he has done with the setup. But what the hell is he thinking atm?

19 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I just heard Southgate's comments in playing Henderson (and, by extension, McGuire). I think he’s lost the plot. It’s like on Football Manager when you do well and sign so many superb players that you simply can’t accommodate them in your team. You end up just reverting to the old boys, rather than trying to build.

He looks increasingly isolated and ridiculous. I say this as someone who respects his achievements as England coach and what he has done with the setup. But what the hell is he thinking atm?

Just hazarding a guess, I would say he is thinking about unicycles, how they work, are they fun, and would he look good riding one while wearing a waistcoat and a 10 gallon hat.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Can’t help but feel our best group of players in a generation is being squandered under this man’s direction.

100%

because his focus is on shoring up the weakness in our defence rather than playing to our strengths in attack

to coin a steve brucism he's trying to snatch 1-0s when with this team what he should be doing is trying to win 5-4

If Gareth Southgate bought a ferrari he'd boast about how incredible the stopping distance is

• Like 1

Â