Gareth Southgate

Richard

On 01/09/2023 at 20:55, Humanoid said:

He reminds of the bumbling Captain Ashwood on "It Aint Half Hot Mom".  Especially in his latest press conference lacking an answer as to why Henderson was included.

7xqfp2.jpg

I say, Gareth, do your Jimmy Cagney impression...

Fantastic!

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I hope Scotland, led by the current Villa captain, tear England apart. 

This shit-show has gone on long enough. Sure, in 2018 it was almost cute with him in his little waistcoat. He's now wasted 2 tournaments with the best contingent of English players since 1966. He's about to waste a 3rd.

I really hope Chelsea go for him. It would so beautiful to watch them both go down in flames.

He'll likely go back to Palace once uncle Woy toddles off end of the season. That'll be the high end of who'll take him. Them or Wolves who have a penchant for employing ex-england managers.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He'll likely go back to Palace once uncle Woy toddles off end of the season. That'll be the high end of who'll take him. Them or Wolves who have a penchant for employing ex-england managers.

The FA will take him

Chief executive technical president of footballing operations or some such nonsense

He'll be seen every may behind the guy handing out FA Cup medals

He'll end up with the tagline of England's best ever manager and more worryingly because of his time at St George's, the national team and then the FA as a man who revolutionised and modernised English football in the 21st century, it's genuinely scary as to what his reputation will be and how fondly he'll be remembered in 20+ years

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The FA will take him

Chief executive technical president of footballing operations or some such nonsense

He'll end up with the tagline of England's best ever manager and more worryingly because of his time at St George's, the national team and then the FA as a man who revolutionised and modernised English football in the 21st century, it's genuinely scary as to what his reputation will be and how fondly he'll be remembered in 20+ years

Dunno how true the rest is, but I strongly suspect he will take a role at the FA, yes. 

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The FA will take him

But yet, England have won nothing...

Fully expect Scotland to beat us.

• Like 1

On 31/08/2023 at 15:02, Zatman said:

Chukwuemeka was definitely getting a call up before his injury

Probably will be invited on crutches now Grealish and Arnold withdraw

Saying that, he's probably found out that we get a couple of million if Chukwuemeka gets a call up so that's him **** :crylaugh:

On 05/09/2023 at 10:56, stewiek2 said:

Handn't considered Palace but that would be a decent fit from Southgate POV. Just like Boro mid table is all that's expected so just don't mess up and get relegated again and he's called up likes of Johnstone, Eze, Guehi and Mitchell in recent times so knows half their regular starting 11.

On 31/08/2023 at 16:23, Newry_Villan said:

Did he really leave on such bad terms that he has bitterness towards us? I remember him leaving but not how or why.

I don't think he has any agenda against us. I think he did have an issue with Grealish however, apart from that he's just generally clueless and always contradicting his bizarre reasons/decisions. All this while exerting no personality or emotion.

22 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Let's hope the head chopper isn't the same person as the knighter

spacer.png

But in the OP I "mos def" think the poster was hoping they were indeed the same.

2 hours ago, Tom13 said:

I don't think he has any agenda against us. I think he did have an issue with Grealish however, apart from that he's just generally clueless and always contradicting his bizarre reasons/decisions. All this while exerting no personality or emotion.

The Mings dropping was bizarre and a lot worse than Grealish

• Like 2

Is this rocket polisher still going? Wish he **** off so I can bother watching England again. 

In the meantime, this has always been a favourite video, it really shows Southgate’s discomfort around the lads. Will from Inbetweeners vibes galore. 

Â